HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct/best way to use the dual mag clamp for the MP5? I would like to know where to clamp them (how high/low) and what mag to insert first in to the magwell to minimize reloading times.

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
4,385 Posts
I like to put the clamp just below midway. The further down you put it, the more "wobble/wiggle" you are likely to get up at the top. I put the two mags in flush, rather than staggered. I am left-handed and work from the right-hand side of the weapon; therefore, I place the right-hand mag in as the primary, with the secondary/reload mag off to the left. This allows me to work with my regular grip on the weapon and does not interfere with access to the paddle mag release come time to change.

If I were right-handed, I should think it would be just the opposite.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I agree with diesel, as I use the factory clamp units on my HK33E and G36 conversion (with plastic lugs, obviously).

For a right-handed shooter, I find it much easier to start off with the Left-most mag in the gun, so that when the rifle is slung, it doesn't get caught up on anything like your belt or mag carriers. Once that Left mag is depleted, it's easy enough to grab it a if it were by itself, and then insert the Right-most magazine. Depending on the gun, you may find it more difficult to use the forearm with the magazines doubled-up like that, but for the speed in mag changes, it's a compromise.

I don't like mag doublers at all on the UMP conversions, as they're already too heavy with 25 rounds of .45ACP in them. HTH,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Can anyone explain to me the proper way to install two mags into the clamps? Do you put in empty mags and then load them or visa versa? Do you put the magazines into the bottom or the top of the clamp? Should the arms that clamps them be facing forward or back? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts