HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing an HK tooled MP5 stamping and finishing it into a SBR with all German parts.

How much will it run for the labor and who is doing this service?

For anyone that has done this, do you find the final product as good as using an HK94 for the base of a nice SBR/sear gun?

Thanks,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in KS

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help!

I sent Jayson an email yesterday asking about pricing for this. I am trying to determine if it is worth it over the other options (Factory HK94 or Clone).

Thanks,
Darin Reiss
FFL/SOT in KS

·
Registered
329 Posts
No, it can be done on a form 1 for regular folks...plus OP in an SOT.

Yes Jayson at IGF can hook you up.
More about the 922 compliance with manufacturing of a firearm that is banned for importation, he said he was going to fill it with 100% german parts.

·
Registered
893 Posts
More about the 922 compliance with manufacturing of a firearm that is banned for importation, he said he was going to fill it with 100% german parts.
From what I understand, if he SBRs it, 922r doesn't apply anymore. I think it wouldn't apply either if he made it as a pistol while waiting for SBR approval. (Save a transfer tax).

With the going price of the MKE flats, plus cost of a nice MP5 kit, plus cost to build, you are at the lower end of the HK94 price range already.

ETA: And if you don't have a flat, you better hurry up and get one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input guys.

As Trip said, SBR trumps 922r.

Here is the cost difference as I see it:

$600 for receiver
$350 to assemble receiver (IGF)
$395 to build upper (IGF)
175 to add paddle release
$1,520 plus HK MP5 parts kit ($800-$1500)

For a total of $2,320 to $3,020

This will be significantly less costly than starting with an HK94 for a host.

Please double check my numbers and see if I am missing anything. I will do all refinishing myself so I have left that out of the equation.

Thanks,
Darin

·
Registered
162 Posts
your numbers look spot on.

doing it this way, you can mark it correctly, save for the igf, instead of the made in germany stamp.

let us know how she turns out!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BECFA,

I will post pictures once this critter is put together.

I should post a pic of my HK MP5/V53 collection with my old South Dakota custom license plate that reads "HK MP5" with a bullet hole sticker between the K and the M.

Thanks,
Darin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts