HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Awesome review! Thanks for sharing!

Always nice to see a non-babied USP put through her paces and photographed without her makeup on or hair combed.

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Great read, thanks for sharing. Is that rust on the slide?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Good stuff, and thanks for posting!

I clean my mags after droppin them at all in the sand and grit I compete in. Those followers loose a lot of speed when there is grit acting a friction on them. Good test for you though, glad the gun ran and you learned a lot.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
If you mean on the top behind the ejection port and in front of the rear sight, no, I think it is like grip tape.
No, he means the scratches and scrapes on the slide that are red colored. I'm curious myself if that's more dirt or actual rust.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the write up and nice pictures.

It is refreshing to see when others use their guns to train and practice and post about it instead of all the silly posts about scratches in the finish, slide release rattle, American vs German, trigger sucks and I can't hit anything and I need a trigger job, all the various LEM questions, etc.

These HK guns are great and keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It is refreshing to see when others use their guns to train and practice and post about it instead of all the silly posts about scratches in the finish, slide release rattle, American vs German, trigger sucks and I can't hit anything and I need a trigger job, all the various LEM questions, etc.
Hear, hear :3000000:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Thanks for the write up and nice pictures.

These HK guns are great and keep up the good work!
Well said.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I just signed up for his carbine 2 class. Cant wait! Now, I have to sell a lung to get the ammo for it

·
Registered
628 Posts
You're lucky to train with one of the best, I'd like to take a class of his. Btw where's that range at, it looks beautiful.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I can't tell you the joy I feel from seeing the aftermath of a gun being ran hard and fast. Great job and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I noticed that you were running Blazer aluminum through your USP and what with the course requiring a minimum of 1800 rounds (really? wow!) for the weekend, did you experience any problems at all running that ammo? I've been wanting to save some money with ammo costs being what they are but have been leery of aluminum-cased stuff due to poor reputation.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I noticed that you were running Blazer aluminum through your USP and what with the course requiring a minimum of 1800 rounds (really? wow!) for the weekend, did you experience any problems at all running that ammo? I've been wanting to save some money with ammo costs being what they are but have been leery of aluminum-cased stuff due to poor reputation.
It's all I use in my Mark 23. No problems at all. But wow, he took a pistol class with .45 OUCH! The ammo was probably more than the cost of the course. What range was that?

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
Great write up. I don't know what it is, but every time I read one of these, I feel invested like it is my USP 45 going through the class......Glad to see it did very very well.

80% of people don't understand that when your gun get dirty, gritty, wet, and beat that anything can happen. Glad to see that it only happened to you once. And sounds like mag 3 got the worst of it.

Amazing write up, and I can't wait until I get stationed stateside to start going to classes.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just signed up for his carbine 2 class. Cant wait! Now, I have to sell a lung to get the ammo for it
You’re going to have a blast. I really hope he brings one of this carbine classes next year within a four or five hour radius of where I live because I’ll be all over that! Hell, I’d do this one again if I can.

I can't tell you the joy I feel from seeing the aftermath of a gun being ran hard and fast. Great job and thanks for sharing!
Absolutely. Glad to oblige. I, too, believe that a Porsche looks so much sexier out on a track rather than sitting in the garage. :)

Yep, Blazer Aluminum 230g. I love Bl Al, personally. I shoot it more than any other ammo in all of my guns. When I placed the order, they were $1 cheaper per box over brass cased stuff, so that saved me $40. Admittedly, 200 of the 1862 rounds were PMC brass, but I do have a few hundred Bl Al left over.

And yea, it wasn’t cheap. $15/box * 40 boxes… you can do the math. I figured this could quite probably be once in a lifetime opportunity, so I am going to make the most of it!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great write up. I don't know what it is, but every time I read one of these, I feel invested like it is my USP 45 going through the class......Glad to see it did very very well.

80% of people don't understand that when your gun get dirty, gritty, wet, and beat that anything can happen. Glad to see that it only happened to you once. And sounds like mag 3 got the worst of it.

Amazing write up, and I can't wait until I get stationed stateside to start going to classes.
Thanks, and yea, the mags took a beating. They were all pretty much mint before the class, and mags four, five, and six I just bought for the class and had only used them once for a function test. Three did get the worst of it. It doesn't bother me at all, thought. I have no problem when something gets scratched/worn while I am using it for the purposes that I bought it, if you know what I mean. Because, well, at the end of the day, that's why I bought the damn thing, haha.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts