HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling the HK experts!

I know this would likely require a complete rebuild; but, I was wondering if anyone had successfully tried.

If so, please let me know and post some pictures.

Thanks!
WVGunCollector

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I personally know this has been done/tried by some of the best but there were significant feed issues. Bottom line---didn't work. The Grease Gun mag conversion works just fine if the builder HAS THE GUN WITH HIM. The specs for modifying are general specs and if the builder has the weapon he can work them as needed. ALL of my mags work in mine.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Could an SW45 be modified to use UMP mags?????
Maybe... but why? The greezer mags work just fine... a bit hard to load by other mags standards, but even this can be overcome.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I personally know this has been done/tried by some of the best but there were significant feed issues. Bottom line---didn't work. The Grease Gun mag conversion works just fine if the builder HAS THE GUN WITH HIM. The specs for modifying are general specs and if the builder has the weapon he can work them as needed. ALL of my mags work in mine.
Those guys who were going to make the multi caliber MP5 used UMP mags on the prototype they had?
Professional Arms SHOT Show 2K7 - YouTube
I know someone who I think could do your UMP mag conversion. If your interested, send me a P.M.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for your insight and advice! I thought I had read somewhere that the SW45s were basically 40/10s with the obvious modifications. So, I wasn't sure if it was possible to use the UMP mags; but, just wanted to check. I guess with the proliferation of body armor making pistol caliber weapons somewhat obsolete, prices on the UMP mags will only continue to increase as they become more and more scarce. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts