HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm turning 60 in January and then retiring in the spring. My wife said to pick out any gun I want for a gift to myself to celebrate these two events . So today I looked at a 9mm Expert . Please tell me about it .
I shoot at an outdoor gun club where we shoot from the holster . I like slow fire bullseye shooting and also speed shooting at plates.
Also a little IDPA mixed in . How will this gun work out in these areas ?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The expert is a good all-around gun. Its not too long for action shooting, and its long enough for a good sight radius. I think it would work great for most of what you're talking about. 9mm never really caught on for bulleye, though. I can speak from experience when I say its tough to get a 9mm to 1.5-2" at 50 yards.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is approved for USPSA production (without the magwell) and Limited.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
won't fit the IDPA box
If used for IDPA it would be at our once a month club match where we don't even bother with a box so nobody would care .
Now if someone showed up with a MK23 then I'm sure the rule book would come out .

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm turning 60 in January and then retiring in the spring. My wife said to pick out any gun I want for a gift to myself to celebrate these two events . So today I looked at a 9mm Expert . Please tell me about it .
I shoot at an outdoor gun club where we shoot from the holster . I like slow fire bullseye shooting and also speed shooting at plates.
Also a little IDPA mixed in . How will this gun work out in these areas ?
Thanks in advance.
You can't go wrong with an Expert in 9mm. Relaxed IDPA rules at your club will enable you to practice your defensive skills as well as precision work when you want to. 1.5"-2" groups at 50 yards is quite doable with an Expert if you do your part. The 5 shot test target that came with mine was one ragged hole at 25 meters (27 yards). The black on black target sights are sharp and easy to acquire an even sight picture and the match trigger has a nice crisp let off around 4-4.5 lbs right out of the box. I have never had a single FTF, FTE or stovepipe of any kind in mine with well over 6000 rounds through it. Use quality jacketed ammunition and enjoy retirement in style!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts