HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Had several USP 40,9mm 45 even bought a tactical 45 could not shoot any of them worth a damn. Bought Glocks fixed the problem. Is the new p30 and HK45 really different and can the trigger be lightened to say 3.5 pounds?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I Had several USP 40,9mm 45 even bought a tactical 45 could not shoot any of them worth a damn. Bought Glocks fixed the problem. Is the new p30 and HK45 really different and can the trigger be lightened to say 3.5 pounds?
It sounds like you need some good coaching and some training. If you can't shoot a double action/single action pistol I'm going to guess it's the longer heavier DA pull that is getting to you.

Since you shoot a Glock well, maybe a cocked and locked USP/P30/HK45 would work out well with your current skill level. Or, wait for the LEM variants.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
When you put into practice the 3 basics of shooting, you should shoot anything fairly well, no matter what it is. Many times at the range I out shoot another guy with his own firearm

*Trigger
*Sights
*Grip

Practice practice practice practice practice

The P30/HK45/Custom Colt 1911 wont make you a better shot

·
Registered
802 Posts
You should spend the money on getting someone to teach you how to shoot correctly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do agree practice practice practice but grip fit and trigger do have effect on how well a shooter can shoot. I shoot my p9s very well and even shoot my p7 better than a USP. My question was, what is the trigger like on the P30 and can it be user lightened?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I shot my USP 40C(with hougue slip grip) better than my Kimber Team Match II, I think because of trigger, grips, and weight of guns. I don't feel like going into details but its weird how everyone shoots different.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I do agree practice practice practice but grip fit and trigger do have effect on how well a shooter can shoot. I shoot my p9s very well and even shoot my p7 better than a USP. My question was, what is the trigger like on the P30 and can it be user lightened?
I'm curious what you're going to use the guns for. If they're for defensive purposes I'd recommend against mucking about with trigger pull weight, especially if you're doing it yourself.

While it is true that you can argue it both ways (recklessness/hair trigger vs. possible increased accuracy) I don't see the point in opening a door for a lawyer to walk through.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It looks like there is a factory option to get the LEM variant at 4.5 pounds. With a little TLC form an HK armorer, you could probably get it really smooth.

The P30 Trigger Variants
P30:
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurred hammer. Centrally located de-cocking button, with a constant Combat Defense Action (CDA)* trigger pull of approximately 20 Newtons (4.5 pounds), without operation of the de-cocking latch, and defined let-off point.
P30 V1:
Innovative safety trigger with concealed cocking piece in the spurrless hammer, without de-cocking button. Constant CDA/LEM trigger pull of approximately 20 N (4.5 pounds) and defined let-off point.
P30 V2:
Like P30 V1 but with CDA/LEM trigger pull of approximately 32.5 N (7.3 pounds).
P30 V3:
Conventional single action/double action (SA/DA) trigger without cocking piece in the hammer with spur and centrally located de-cocking button.
P30 V4:
Like P30 V1, however CDA/LEM trigger pull approximately 27.5 N (6.2 pounds).
P30 V6:
Conventional double action only (DAO) trigger without cocking piece in the spurrless hammer. Constant DAO trigger pull of approx. 39 N (8.8 pounds).
Not all variants available in some regions.
* also known as Law Enforcement Modification (LEM)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts