HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've got a guy who's selling a low, low round count PTR-32 locally, and before I give him a firm "I'll take it" I wanted to do a little research on it.

Firstly, what part of a H&K constitutes the "firearm" part? The (for lack of a better term) "upper" receiver? I'd like to replace the navy group that comes with the rifle with a clipped & pinned steel SEF group. Will the navy group trigger parts drop into the steel lower, or do I need a complete steel lower with semi trigger parts? Should I get a painted or parked lower to match the finish?

Does the 32 use 91-length handguards, or 93? If it uses 93 length, is there an easy way to take the old, 91 series wood handguards and cut them down to fit properly?

Essentially, I'd like to end up with the 32 using all wood furniture, if possible.

Will the standard bayonet lug adapter work for these?

And are these magazines the same as the ones that come with the rifle? AK-47 762x39 30rd Metal Lined Synthetic Mag New Bulgarian

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The receiver constitutes the firearm, the lower is just the fire control group and is unregulated.

If you want replace the PTR S-F housing with a steel, the factory trigger group will drop in. The only thing you will need is a selector for the metal frame (they're not as long since plastic is thicker than steel) I'd personally go painted to match the rest of the gun.

The 32s rifles use a 93 length handguard. I know the 91s can be cut down. I've never done it personally but ive more than a few 93s or PTR32s with wood on the front.

The bayo adapter will work. The adapter installs in the triple frame.

I believe the early 32s came with the Bulgy 30rd magazines but I know Tapco is used (supply is better + 3 more parts for 922r)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts