HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local owner is looking to sell his HK USP (in 9mm) but I had a couple questions, I was hoping someone could answer ...

(1) I haven't had a chance to handle th HK USP but have read other posters state the USP grip is big -- is the 9mm grip smaller than the 45 or the same size?

(2) Seller claims only 150 rounds through the gun (mf date is '04) and is asking $550 OBO ... I have the HK45 (love it) and am now an HK addict and would love to add another to my collection, but what do you think a fair (i.e., great deal for me/not a screw job to the seller) would be? Would $475 be reasonable? I saw another post where someone was able to get one from a family member for only $350 ... and WOULD love to be able to ask $400, but figure that would offend the seller ... any thoughts on a reasonable offer?

Thanks all ...

SG

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I don't own a USP 9mm but I do a USP45. And when I've held the 9mm in the past the difference seemed minor to me. $550 is a pretty good price I think. I would offer him $500 and probably meet at $525. My .02. The USP's are big bad pistols. I take comfort in the feel and size of the grip. :)

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I don't own a USP 9mm but I do a USP45. And when I've held the 9mm in the past the difference seemed minor to me. $550 is a pretty good price I think. I would offer him $500 and probably meet at $525. My .02. The USP's are big bad pistols. I take comfort in the feel and size of the grip. :)
I would agree with this. The grip is a bit smaller than the USP45 but not much. If it's in good shape then you're not getting stung at $550. $500 is a good deal and $525 is just about right. Anything under $500 and you should probably be wearing a mask.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the quick feedback. From the pics, it seems to be in LNIB condition. He just put it up for sale and I just contacted him, so I'll follow up to see what he's thinking ...

thanks again ...

SG

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
9mm and .40 grips are a little smaller than .45 grip. $550 is still a good price.
The USP9 is a gem to shoot. Very soft recoil and accurate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would agree with this. The grip is a bit smaller than the USP45 but not much. If it's in good shape then you're not getting stung at $550. $500 is a good deal and $525 is just about right. Anything under $500 and you should probably be wearing a mask.
LOL ... thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is the USP 45 grip THAT big of a 'block' ... I don't have meathooks for hands, but with the small backstrap on the HK45 (and even with some strips of bike tire tubing, the grip is maneageable (though I did read about one guy that sanded down the backstrap and frontstrap to bring the grip size down and lower the 'aggressiveness' of the grip) -- but anyway, anyone that's held the HK45 and the USP 45 -- is the grip circumference THAT significant? If not, then it's not really an issue at all ...
Thanks again to everyone who's chiming in -- all appreciated.

SG

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes there is a big difference between a usp and hk45 grip wise. But the usp is a good blocky feel. I love mine. If you want to feel a blocky grip hold a gen 3 Glock 21. I also love my 21 but it makes my usp45 grip feel like a normal 9mm grip. And like others said, thats a good price.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Navyman8903 says it best in one of his YouTube reviews on the difference between the HK45 and USP45. When it comes to the grip his favorite is whichever one he's holding at the time. I couldn't agree more. You need to just buy that USP9 and trust me you won't regret it. And if you do there are plenty of folks on this forum that'll buy it off ya at whatever price you pay.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yes there is a big difference between a usp and hk45 grip wise. But the usp is a good blocky feel. I love mine. If you want to feel a blocky grip hold a gen 3 Glock 21. I also love my 21 but it makes my usp45 grip feel like a normal 9mm grip. And like others said, thats a good price.
Agreed.

Great pistol, jump on it. :)

Offer $500.00 to start the negotiations...

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would pay $550 with such few round counts.
I agree with everyone to buy it, you will not regret it...
$550 for an HK anything is a deal.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Anything under $500 and you should probably be wearing a mask.
Agree, 500 for a USP in good condition is a good buy. Honestly, between you and I and the sky I think this guy is either not well versed in HK's or maybe he is fibbin' about only 150 rounds through it. I can't see why a LNIB USP with only 150 rounds would be selling for 500 unless he doesn't care about taking a big hit on it.

Also the date code is 04, I think the 04 and previous USP's can't be converted to LEM unless you change the catch. So just something to think about if you want to change out the trigger.

At first the USP9f grip did seem big to me, but that's because I've been spoiled shooting HK45c's, P2000's, M&P's etc... modern guns with a strong emphasis on ergo's and comfortability but there's not much difference thickness wise in the grip between a Glock and a USP.

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
Also the date code is 04, I think the 04 and previous USP's can't be converted to LEM unless you change the catch. So just something to think about if you want to change out the trigger.
Sure you can, with 04. 1995 and earlier may not. You might have to upgrade the old-style catch to the new-style, longer catch for LEM. Even if you have 1-piece catch, you can upgrade to 2-piece catch and convert to LEM.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
$550 is a great price for that USP 9mm, I would offer $525, if he balks at that throw him $550 and count yourself fortunate. I paid $650 for an identical USP in .40sw and I dont feel like I over paid at all!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sure you can, with 04. 1995 and earlier may not. You might have to upgrade the old-style catch to the new-style, longer catch for LEM. Even if you have 1-piece catch, you can upgrade to 2-piece catch and convert to LEM.
So you don't have to upgrade the catch in the USP's 04 and previous? I remember HKCS telling me "1995(KF) to 2005(AF) LEM can drop in with addition of longer catch (#219442)"

·
Registered
18,643 Posts
So you don't have to upgrade the catch in the USP's 04 and previous? I remember HKCS telling me "1995(KF) to 2005(AF) LEM can drop in with addition of longer catch (#219442)"
I've just re-read your post and it's my bad. I read it as "you can't convert to LEM. Period." But you're correct, just replace the shorter catch with the longer one and you can do LEM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts