HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to convert my V2 LEM USPc40 to light LEM. Everything went in well. Except for a really gritty, hanging trigger return. Decided to change over my 45c, USP45C, and my 2000sk. All went well with trigger return on all of the being smooth with a good trigger return. Sooooo, I tore the USPc40 down again and went on to clean everything. Well, I found a crack at the hammer end of the trigger bar. After looking really close, I could see that the trigger bar, because of the crack, was not straight. Thus, the trigger bar was rubbing on the side of the of the frame. With the heavy LEM trigger return spring, no real problem. But it did show up with the light LEM TRS installed. I ordered a new trigger bar from HKparts. All should be good in a few days.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I tried to convert my V2 LEM USPc40 to light LEM. Everything went in well. Except for a really gritty, hanging trigger return. Decided to change over my 45c, USP45C, and my 2000sk. All went well with trigger return on all of the being smooth with a good trigger return. Sooooo, I tore the USPc40 down again and went on to clean everything. Well, I found a crack at the hammer end of the trigger bar. After looking really close, I could see that the trigger bar, because of the crack, was not straight. Thus, the trigger bar was rubbing on the side of the of the frame. With the heavy LEM trigger return spring, no real problem. But it did show up with the light LEM TRS installed. I ordered a new trigger bar from HKparts. All should be good in a few days.
You know HKs have a lifetime warranty against such things correct?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know HKs have a lifetime warranty against such things correct?
Yes sir, I do. Problem is, I bought the gun used a couple of years ago and the previous owner did a bit of polishing on the internals. The LEM kit took care of most of the other parts, but not the trigger bar. So I doubt that HK would honor the warranty. According to an HK CSR, they would replace the parts, charge for the repair, and then the warranty would be back in effect. Cheaper for me to buy the part and replace it myself, than to ship it to HK, pay for repair, and pay for return shipping. And faster.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Yes sir, I do. Problem is, I bought the gun used a couple of years ago and the previous owner did a bit of polishing on the internals. The LEM kit took care of most of the other parts, but not the trigger bar. So I doubt that HK would honor the warranty. According to an HK CSR, they would replace the parts, charge for the repair, and then the warranty would be back in effect. Cheaper for me to buy the part and replace it myself, than to ship it to HK, pay for repair, and pay for return shipping. And faster.
I can appreciate that. I would have sent the part in and held my breath. If they would have sent back a new one at no charge then great. If not they would have sent you the new one and charged you for and you'd be right where you're at. I'd have let them make the decision and rolled with it either way.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can appreciate that. I would have sent the part in and held my breath. If they would have sent back a new one at no charge then great. If not they would have sent you the new one and charged you for and you'd be right where you're at. I'd have let them make the decision and rolled with it either way.
You're probably right, but I decided to go the other way, just to get it back up and running. It' my EDC. Even though HK seems to be pretty fast with repair issues, they're not as fast as replacing the part yourself. Plus the cost of the part wasn't through the roof. Anyway, it'll be fixed.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I hear that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts