HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a fairly simple way to take out some of the creep in the USP-C 45 trigger? Mine has a pretty good trigger pull except for some creep. Is it something that the average Joe can do or does it need a touch from someone more familiar with HK triggers? If it were a 1911 I could handle that but HK is all but foreign to me at this point.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trigger-this is the amount of creep you get after take up and before the sear releases and hammer falls.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,749 Posts
From what I understand, the specific parts can be cleaned up to improve creep and break. But it's one of those things that is easy to botch along the way. Hence, I've never even tried to do it on my own. BTW, nice Corgi...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glocks and 1911's I can tear down and put back together. HK's...well, not that familiar so I may need to leave well enough alone. I guess I could send it off for a complete trigger job to Gray Guns but I hate being without it for weeks. Thanks for the comment about "Bubba"-he's a sweetheart and a joy to come home to.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Elijah, my new USPc 9mm black not so much a creep maybe but seem's gritty. Take note i don't have alot of feeling in my hand's especially my left hand. Thank God i'm right hand dominant! Plus a Big Thank's to Brownie for the ext. mag release make's a great gun even better!!

I dry fired it a good bit and is much smoother. When i'm able to get to shoot it and dry fire more i know it will smooth out alot more, 2,000 rd trigger job as some on here call it but alot of that can be dry firing, good luck..

Glocks and 1911's I can tear down and put back together. HK's...well, not that familiar so I may need to leave well enough alone. I guess I could send it off for a complete trigger job to Gray Guns but I hate being without it for weeks. Thanks for the comment about "Bubba"-he's a sweetheart and a joy to come home to.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can identify with a numb hand. I had an idiot doctor operate on my left hand about 15 years back due to nerve pinch. I had a bad habit of propping my elbow up on the computer table and it would make my forearm and fingers numb so I'd stop for awhile and reposition myself but over time I did it once too often and I couldn't get the feeling back in my thumb, outer palm and little finger. Went to a surgeon and he operated. Although he wouldn't admit it, I think he also broke my arm to get the work done. All was well for about 8 months and it all came back pretty much. So, you just live with it. fortunately, I'm right handed.

I haven't shot the Compact all that much yet...maybe 100 rounds or so. I've made up about 150 rounds for this Friday and it'll get another workout. Perhaps things will smooth out a tad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts