HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you ever run this on your HK45c? I know lasers seem to be more tacti-cool than tactical but I happen to like them. Just wanted to get a opinion before I drop the cash on one.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It's nothing you want to take on and off. Works really well. I wish they had designed it to incorporate a bright LED too, but it's a very good design. Kramer had the mold and made my holster.

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Lasers just don't do it for me. Get some nice night sites and a light instead. But for what it's worth, the Crimson Trace laser is supposedly a fantastic product.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
I agree ... Darebear if you want a super nice compact laser module, get the Viridian, they just released a new more compact module that is supposed to be outstanding! Its made in Saint Cloud, Minnesota too, whats not to love about that! =)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree ... Darebear if you want a super nice compact laser module, get the Viridian, they just released a new more compact module that is supposed to be outstanding! Its made in Saint Cloud, Minnesota too, whats not to love about that! =)
Whats the model?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the Crimson Trace LG-645 on my HK 45c and love it. As one of the guys said, it's not something you take on and off. I had Raven Concealment mold me a Phantom holster for it. I prefer the grip activation laser instead of the "push a button first" type of laser, as I have smaller hands and short fingers, and it takes me too long to push the button and then obtain a grip on the pistol. (Maybe I'm too uncoordinated also!!)

I do wish it also had a light, so I carry a Surefire light with me also. Some folks don't like lasers, and to each his own. I have the night sights on mine, but I'm in the 60ish year old group and it really helps me acquire a sight picture faster than without. I do fine with my shooting glasses on at the range, where I can see my sights clearly. However, without the glasses, I can't see them distinctly enough to shoot as accurately. At night, at home, I can't worry about having shooting glasses next to me all the time, so the laser works for me. However, if you don't like lasers, God bless you anyway. We're still allowed to use whatever floats our boats individually. As for me and my old eyes, though, I like the Crimson Trace.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the Crimson Trace LG-645 on my HK 45c and love it. As one of the guys said, it's not something you take on and off. I had Raven Concealment mold me a Phantom holster for it. I prefer the grip activation laser instead of the "push a button first" type of laser, as I have smaller hands and short fingers, and it takes me too long to push the button and then obtain a grip on the pistol. (Maybe I'm too uncoordinated also!!)

I do wish it also had a light, so I carry a Surefire light with me also. Some folks don't like lasers, and to each his own. I have the night sights on mine, but I'm in the 60ish year old group and it really helps me acquire a sight picture faster than without. I do fine with my shooting glasses on at the range, where I can see my sights clearly. However, without the glasses, I can't see them distinctly enough to shoot as accurately. At night, at home, I can't worry about having shooting glasses next to me all the time, so the laser works for me. However, if you don't like lasers, God bless you anyway. We're still allowed to use whatever floats our boats individually. As for me and my old eyes, though, I like the Crimson Trace.
How long did it take for the RCS to ship?

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
The new module I talked about is actually a laser/light combo, the CL / C5L are laser only
C5L is laser/light actually.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Darebear,

It took 17 weeks to receive it. Some of it was me sending them the laser and having them use it to mold the Kydex shell, and then they promptly returned it. Now that they have the mold made for the pistol and CT, it may take less time. The pistol fits in the holster like a dream. I highly recommend them. They were the only kydex holster maker that I could find that would work with me to create a holster with the laser attached. Good luck!

Carl

1 - 14 of 14 Posts