HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm trying to pick a holster for my USP 45. The most important criteria is concealment. I picked up my second USP 45 used with a holster (a subpar Safariland pancake) and it printed like crazy. I experimented carrying Mexican around the house and my wife said she couldn't see it at all. I also tried just tucked in my pants at 3 o clock and she said it was minimal so it looks like IWB is the way I'm going. Which do you guys think is the best? Also open to other suggestions particularly if you've actually carried it concealed. I'll just say now that I know it's a big gun but I still want to carry it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I haven't used the Milt Sparks. I carry a USP45c concealed in a Comp-Tac MTAC. I have a Crossbreed for my LCP so I'm familiar with the differences. I just got a Comp-TAC Infidel for my P2000SK which I've used with both the standard clip and the tuckable clip. I have a USP45: haven't carried it, but am very familiar with the size vs. the other HKs. The USP45 should be workable under a jacket with either MTAC or Crossbreed, but grip length would make it tough to conceal under a tucked shirt with any holster.

The crossbreed will probably be the thinnest profile of all those listed - they use a minimal, thin kydex half-shell and relatively thin leather backing. The Infidel conceals well with the tuckable clip (whether you tuck it or not), but will be less stable this way with a large gun like the USP. If I were going to carry that gun IWB, I'd use the MTAC, as it's the most comfortable (for me) and still very low profile, and I like the clips and the way it "sits".

All those things said... I doubt I'll ever carry a USP45. The USP45c and P2000SK .40 do all I want in a CCW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also trying to decide between these three holsters for my USP compact. I have been carrying a Dan Wesson CBOB in a VMII. I have around 300 trouble free rounds thru my H&K and intend for it to be my EDC weapon. What works best and is most comfortable?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
My vote always goes to CBST but I've heard nothing but good about the MTac's. Kudo's for carrying a full size USP .45... That takes some balls. Btw this thread will be moved to the saddlery section by the mod's just fyi.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I haven't tried the Comp-Tac or Milt-Sparks so this is likely biased. I have yet to find a holster more comfortable than the Crossbreed. I think, in all honesty, that they're overpriced but I've tried Theis holsters, Galco King Tuks, and others and none made carrying all day as pleasant as the CBST. I hear White Hat Holsters are good too. As always YMMV. IWB is the way to go in my opinion. If you do get a CBST you will end up waiting a bit. In that time please find a cheap IWB holster, i.e. Blackhawk, so you don't have to Mexican carry. Or get another one of the more expensive ones in the meantime, as you'll likely end up getting it to try anyway :). I never leave a trigger guard uncovered carrying IWB. There's no reason to do so.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I also have the Crossbreed but I don't CCW my HK45 but my HK45c. One thing to know is that my HK45c will fit the CBST that was designed for my P2K as well as my HK45 and P30L.

I have tried several all leather holsters but have found they are thicker. Crossbreed has a Mil/Leo discount and I received mine quicker than the wait online said. I recommend that you call them if you have any questions.

Good luck in deciding!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use a comp-tac MTAC for my ccw needs. I have kydex bodies for both my USPc 40 and M&P 9c (winter and summer carry respectively). Very comfortable and you have the choice of purchasing additional kydex bodies for around $30. Takes a couple of minutes to switch them out. They also have a Mil/Leo discount. Don't think you can go wrong with any of the listed options since they all have great reviews. I chose the MTAC for the more complete kydex body compared to the CBST and the ability to switch out the bodies in different seasons.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Per recommendations that I got here on this forum I picked up a comptac mtac and I am completely impressed with it. I have been carrying a uspc 9mm in shorts and a tee shirt with no problem at all. It gets my full recommendation!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have also carried an MTAC and CrossBreed. I prefer the MTAC for comfort and features. I've worn it every day for over 2 years and no complaints. The changeable shells are a money saver.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Love my MTACs. I've carried a P229R SCT, P239, G26 (for a hot second), P30, and an sk in MTACs. I've found the perfect gun/holser combo for me in HK/MTAC. Very comfortable and concealable with a good belt. I've also had great experiences with the CS at Comp-tac. I do not have any experience with CB or MS.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will chime in with support for Comp-Tac. I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I have a MTAC for my S&W Shield and I will be buying an OWB holster for my USP. The fit and finish is excellent and their turnaround time is very good as well.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tunnel, don't worry my experimentation with "Mexican" carry (no idea why they call it that) was done in my house only with an unloaded gun. It was more to see if there was a way to carry it without the grip printing. For me it's all about concealing the height of the grip. The width of the slide isn't an issue at all. One thing I found through this is, for me, the HK45 would be harder to conceal due to the taller grip so my plans to buy an HK45 are off, at least for now. I think I'm going to go with the Crossbreed, I'n addition to the recommendations I've seen, what I've read about the company and founder impressed me.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Milt Sparks VM-II if you find one or are willing to wait.
For sure or have a great friend who find's and get's two for you!! thank's so much Brother best holster's i could imagine!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts