HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I'd share. I found this on social media, someone else posted it, so I'm not taking credit. THAT RAIL THOUGH!

CSASS HK M110A1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Thanks for sharing that navyman, I'm hoping that the waiting-list for the Geissele handguard group-buy from 2012(?) still stands... I think this is going to work out pretty well for Geissele lol.

No mention of offset sights though. We've all seen the Troy Ind. offsets on some of the CSASS models but I was wondering if the taller rail-height of the MR762 will have much impact on the POA/POI. The Troy offset sights are probably made for the lower AR15 rail which would thus place the elevation-axis slightly left of the bore-axis (when mounted on the right).

I like the idea of offset sights on a rifle not only for quick transition but with the higher rail of the HKs it's possible to mount your optic as low as you can without having the rear sight be an obstruction. Of course you also wouldn't have to remove the scope to use your sights.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I would so love that rail!

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
83 Posts
About time big army embraces the 16 inch platform as a go to for the CSASS. Cant begin to tell you guys how much we appreciated transitioning from the M110s to the K1s

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
I'd be interested to find out if the gas system will be adjustable like the 417A2 or non-adjust like the MR762/308. I guess it wouldn't really matter if you're only using the OSS can, but it would likely be beneficial to folks wanting to use different ones (KAC, SF, AAC, etc...).

Tspeis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts