HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to all of this and I am trying to understand what HK (or patterned) firearms I can legally own in CT in 2016, I have done some searching and fail to find anything that conclusively answers my questions, I apologize if this is beating a dead horse. If someone could please tell me if the following statements are correct / false I would greatly appreciate it. Am I correct that:

- I cannot purchase the following firearms in CT:

Pre-Ban HK91
Pre-Ban HK94
Pre-Ban HK93

- I can purchase the following firearms in CT:

HK SL8 - and then convert it go a G36K after SBR-ing it (follow up question, if I pin the stock do I have to SBR)
HK USC - and then SBR-ing it
Zenith Z5P/RS (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)
Zenith Z43-P (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)
PTR-91 (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)
PTR-K3P /51P (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)

- Bonus Round (Non-HK Rifle Question), does anyone know if I can legally own a FN SCAR 16S with the stock pinned, and the flash hider permanently welded to the barrel? Or is a flash hider banned, and it has to be a match barrel?

Also to be clear, what I really want is 1 pistol caliber carbine (MP5 ideally) and 1 556 rifle (SCAR 16S or SL8/G36K Specifically).

Thanks for your help.

Best,
BH

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,

Have you not heard of SB-1160 in CT? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your in for a big surprise, hope you didn't vote for Dan Malloy.

This site is the absolute best resource for all things HK, but you will not find what you're looking for on this site, try here.

- I cannot purchase the following firearms in CT: Wrong, you can own those in CT. Anything manufactured before 09/13/94 is good to go.

Pre-Ban HK91
Pre-Ban HK94
Pre-Ban HK93

- I can purchase the following firearms in CT: Wrong, you can own none of these rifles in CT because of SB-1160.

HK SL8 - and then convert it go a G36K after SBR-ing it (follow up question, if I pin the stock do I have to SBR)
HK USC - and then SBR-ing it
Zenith Z5P/RS (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)
Zenith Z43-P (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)
PTR-91 (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)
PTR-K3P /51P (assuming that the flash hider is permanently welded to the barrel)

- Bonus Round (Non-HK Rifle Question), does anyone know if I can legally own a FN SCAR 16S with the stock pinned, and the flash hider permanently welded to the barrel? Or is a flash hider banned, and it has to be a match barrel? Nope

Also no magazines over 10 rounds anymore.

ETA: If individuals registered their normal capacity mags (over 10 rounds) they are legal, but cannot be loaded with more than 10 unless at a range or private property.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response, I had read the bill and read things online which seemed to have confused me.

I now see why the pistol versions won't work. I am just curious, why won't the SL8 work? It is neither banned nor seemingly posses any bad features out of the box, and adding the pistol grip and a fixed stock would seem to keep it that way (assuming its a match barrel), if I'm not mistaken the the SL8 with a pistol grip would only have 1 feature, the pistol grip. Though I am likely reading the law wrong.

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The civilian scars have PWS FSC muzzle brakes from factory they don't count as flash hiders. As for the other stuff I am not well versed enough to really say I am specialized in California legality.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any idea if it is legal to build a HK91 type rifle from one of the flat un-bent receivers? Everyone talks about 80% lowers, but I never see this come up.

·
Registered
307 Posts
USC is a no go.

You can buy pre September 1994 HK's though.

SR9. SR9T. HK91 HK93 HK94 etc. Some stores will transfer them, some will not. The guy in Southport had a bunch of HK's a few months back.

They are around, but expensive.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pre 09/13/94 does not need to be registered and can be transferred in state.

No mags over 10 rounds period. You were able to register mags prior to then news laws back in 2014, but no more after that. Class III guys are stuck with what they have, people new to Class III are SOL.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any idea if it is legal to build a HK91 type rifle from one of the flat un-bent receivers? Everyone talks about 80% lowers, but I never see this come up.
Not legal, must have been manufactured prior to 09/13/94.

·
Registered
216 Posts
So, just trying to get my head around this. If it was manufactured before the Clinton 1994 ban it's freely transferrable and not required to be registered?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Plenty of us C3 guys here and can still purchase full auto MG's, FA only but hey who doesn't want a M-60? Bought a HK 91 99% condition two weeks ago. Don't wait! I was one that registered my mags :) So I go to the range with my 100 round drums and shoot away...

Stormfront, your question "If it was manufactured before the Clinton 1994 ban it's freely transferrable and not required to be registered?" is a little awkward of a question. Kind of sounds like your mixing Fed and State issues.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Plenty of us C3 guys here and can still purchase full auto MG's, FA only but hey who doesn't want a M-60?
SO how do you get new mags for say a Walther MPL or any other "new" acquisition if you didn't have one before? I actually used new manufacture 10 round MP5 mags in CT after the coup was enacted, but now I can't even come into the Glorious Peoples Republik of Konnectikut with a 5320-20. They totally tossed the idea that I'm still a home owner in said occupied territory and that ALL my black guns AND NFA have Certificates of Possession in the GPRoK.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
SO how do you get new mags for say a Walther MPL or any other "new" acquisition if you didn't have one before? I actually used new manufacture 10 round MP5 mags in CT after the coup was enacted, but now I can't even come into the Glorious Peoples Republik of Konnectikut with a 5320-20. They totally tossed the idea that I'm still a home owner in said occupied territory and that ALL my black guns AND NFA have Certificates of Possession in the GPRoK.
Well obviously one can not get LCM's in state, you just need to purchase a second FA only that you already own!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts