HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone else has had this modification done to their HK45 mag base plates. I sent 5 of mine to Rich at Custom Carry Concepts. The turn around time from mailbox to mailbox was a week and they are about %100 improved over the standard base plate. They are also vastly improved over my own "home-brewed" attempt to dremel them down to size. They make mag changes much more consistent and give the gun and mag a overall slimmer/reduced profile. If anyone has been thinking about it you should know that it is worth every penny ($4 per base plate if I remember correctly) and Rich does a fast turn around time.

Thought y'all should know

Happy shootin'

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure thing.

Like I said, reduces the profile of the mags and the gun overall. I hadn't seen anything about this mod apart from Todd Green's post toward the end of the HK45 endurance test. I just wanted to give my opinion that it is well worth the money and increases consistency during reloading.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It looks like a factory magazine, unlike Todd Green's garage shop dremelled mags. :p Thanks for the additional pics. Looks great.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they do look factory. I "garage dremeled" mine first too and these are still much better than home brewed.

·
Banned
188 Posts
I like it! I'd LOVE it if it has a +1 baseplate ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am still a newb at HKs only having had my 45 since august. How do this make mag changes more consistent? I am curious to know, as I am still learning here and any knowledge is a plus in my book

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tnraines,

The stock base plates are HUGE and have a large lip on the front. When I'm reloading I like to grip the mag the same way each time, makes everything more predicable/repeatable. The large lip on the mag would effectively not allow me to be consistent. When I would grab the mag sometimes it would rest a certain way in my hand and sometimes it would rest a different way. With the modified base plate I always get the same initial grip on the mag.

Another point is the overall size of the base plate with many folks choosing smaller/more compact over larger. Have you ever seen a M&P fullsize with compact base plates on the mags? This is because the standard base plates have a longer lip and sit a little funny in the hand due to the long lip. With the compact base plates you can get a more consistent grip on the mags.

This is just my experience. Other will disagree. I didn't get my timer until after I got the base plates changed so I cannot say it shaves x amount of time off a reload. But I do have notes from range sessions where I noted the inconsistency with HK45 reloads. I also had a larger number of fumbled reloads with the stock base plates compared to the modified ones. This makes it a good investment in my mind.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I like it! I'd LOVE it if it has a +1 baseplate ;)
LOL.

Goomba you are R I G H T...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts