HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in an order yesterday for 2 Crown kydex holsters and 2 mag holders. One for me and one for my wife. I was seriously contemplating a Raven Concealment but the 16 week lead time was a huge turn off. During the course of my research I discovered Crown and Kaluban Cloak. Both had good reviews but the Crown was about $10-$15 cheaper, per holster/carrier. Also saw about 2 or 3 good reviews on this very forum for the Crown.

The details. 1 Royal light compatible OWB holster for my P30/TLR-1 and double mag pouch, and 1 Royal OWB holster for my wife’s Springer XD Sub and double mag pouch. I was wondering how many of you use the Crown or Kaluban and what do you think? I am excited, to say the least, about the arrival of the set. I will post a review when they arrive.

Oh BTW, I emailed them using the “contact us” link because I saw I had 2 pending orders. He got back to me in about 10 minutes reassuring me that he knows and that only the correct one that I paid for will be fulfilled. My card didn’t get charged twice. I have to say that is a + for customer service for this company.

If I like my products, I may order an AR mag holder and hope he starts making flashlight holders too in the near future.

-Dan

·
Registered
458 Posts
I think Raven is overhyped. There's nothing secret or special about their production and anyone can rival them who's making kydex holsters these days if their design and materials are good. I've even picked up some garage made holsters lately that were just about perfect. I would buy from just about anyone making kydex as long as the design looks good, especially the belt loop attachments and the sweat shield dimensions.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about overhyped but IMO not worth waiting 16 weeks. To me that is a bad company model and seems they would lose business based on that lead time, cause they lost me, thus creating a niche for someone else. Seems Crown and Kaluban Cloak and others are filling that niche. They are still in high demand though. You can only control the market for so long if you crank out a $hitty product, but since they are still highly sought after, they got to be good. Kydex, though, isn't for everyone.

-Dan

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just recieved my Crown holster (IWB HK45C with mold for lever on safe) on Monday. The wait time says 15-20 days and it was in my hands in 21 (business days) after I placed the order, pretty good IMO. I had a couple of questions before the order and used the "contact us" section and was replied to very quickly. I also emailed him again later, and once again very fast response. From my brief experience with Crown Holster, customer service was GREAT! As far as the holster, it is my first kydex holster and I think it will take some getting used to FOR ME to be comfortable with it. As far as fit and finish, seems very good to me. The 45C fits great along with the safety lever on mold I asked for. Turned it upside down and shook the s--- out of it, and it did not budge. I got the soft loops and I am still trying to figure out if I should try another clip, but am going to try what I have around the house and at the range for now. I definately need more time with it, again being my first kydex holster, but as far as quality goes, I am satisfied.

Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This will not be my first kydex holster as I have had Blade Tech in the past so I know what to expect. I am not pleased to see you got it in 21 business days, 1 day over the estimated lead time but still better than 16 weeks. I hope mine doesn't take any longer since it was a pair of holsters and a pair of mag carriers. I am real anxious to receive them though as I have no way to CC my P30 with light on it. Right now it rides in a Safariland 6280 made for a Sig P229 w/ light.

I will post a review and pics as soon as I get it.

-Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*UPDATE*

So we are on business day 22 with still no merchandise. I am a little concerned because I ordered $211 worth of stuff from Crown Holsters. Mail has came and went today so tomorrow will be the 23rd business, hoping it is received tomorrow. I emailed Chris Jane, the owner, this morning inquiring if it did ship Monday as he said and which carrier, I have not received a reply.

I am hoping it is worth the longer than quoted lead time, still definitely better than RCS 16 week lead time, but Crown quotes 15-20 business days and we are past that. Maybe Crown should update it to 20-30 business days. Needless to say when business day # 20 showed up I was real anxious and let down by their missed lead time quote. I will provide a review once received.

-Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So I finally got my Kydex holster’s in the mail. They went over their proposed lead time by 5 business days and, to me, had some customer service issues. I was given 2 reasons as to why my order was late. However the actual wait time was a lot shorter than Raven Concealment Systems proposed 16 weeks lead time, and if any of you know RCS kydex is considered one of the best.

After all that, I couldn’t be happier with the quality of the Kydex holsters and carriers. The Kydex is thick and rigid. Seems real durable and I have no doubt it is as good as a RCS holster. Chris Jane, the owner, rectified the situation by offering me a discount if I wish to order something else, and I think I am. The holsters pull tight to the body and snugly hold the weapon and mags in place. There is no active retention since it is a concealment holster but I can turn them upside down and shake violently and the gun will not fall out. My only gripe is that they are sandwiched with philips screws, I would have liked a little more custom look of allen head screws but the philips are probably cheaper, keeping cost down and probably easier to adjust, IE everyone may not have allen keys. Onto pics

-Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts