HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First poster here....

So my Vp9 has been my EDC for the past 3 years and while I was looking add to my ever expanding collection of firearms, with the way prices are out of hand at the moment I decided to spend that money on customizing my main squeeze and this is the final result. These are only my pathetic attempts at photography and the smith who did the work will be getting professional pictures later this week and i'll post those as well. (my apologies if this is in the wrong place, as this is my first post and I searched for a picture thread but didn't find one)

Custom slide milling with top window and side serrations
Custom tropical PVD coated barrel by K and M Blasting
Custom Cerakote Job
Lazy Wolf trigger from HKparts.com
TruGlow TFX sights

20200804_215548.jpg 20200804_203706.jpg 20200804_203629.jpg 20200804_202903.jpg 20200804_215608.jpg

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
First poster here....

So my Vp9 has been my EDC for the past 3 years and while I was looking add to my ever expanding collection of firearms, with the way prices are out of hand at the moment I decided to spend that money on customizing my main squeeze and this is the final result. These are only my pathetic attempts at photography and the smith who did the work will be getting professional pictures later this week and i'll post those as well. (my apologies if this is in the wrong place, as this is my first post and I searched for a picture thread but didn't find one)

Custom slide milling with top window and side serrations
Custom tropical PVD coated barrel by K and M Blasting
Custom Cerakote Job
Lazy Wolf trigger from HKparts.com
TruGlow TFX sights

View attachment 269242 View attachment 269244 View attachment 269246 View attachment 269248 View attachment 269250
Welcome to the site--- very nice!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
52 Posts
Makes me think of...

Custom VP9.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nope, I didn't have a suppressor when at the time I purchased this gun and wasn't thinking that far ahead to buy it with the threaded barrel (D'oh).

That purple color on the end came from the tropical pvd coating done by KandM Blasting in California. There is no way to control how the parts come looking, as some can come out more blue, some more purple, and others more gold....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you! Indeed it was fun having a vision for what I wanted the end product to look like, and was lucky to find a gunsmith who was able to fully bring that vision to reality :)

Hopefully I'll get out there this weekend and put some rounds through her, but I really want to get some professional shots of her before she gets all dirty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nope, I didn't have a suppressor when at the time I purchased this gun and wasn't thinking that far ahead to buy it with the threaded barrel (D'oh).

That purple color on the end came from the tropical pvd coating done by KandM Blasting in California. There is no way to control how the parts come looking, as some can come out more blue, some more purple, and others more gold....
this was in reply to Elnino31, i didnt see the option to reply with quote

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love the geometric camo pattern, looks great.
Thanks Punisher! I found some patters I liked online and took it to the gunsmith and he did an amazing job on the cerakote. I really love the way he brought the pattern onto the frame instead of just keeping it on the slide like I see so many others

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really love the way he brought the pattern onto the frame instead of just keeping it on the slide like I see so many others
Agreed- very subtle and looks like it belongs. I'd love to get the Swedish m90 camo on a rifle but fear the price check. How much was that?
I paid 125 for the cerakote job on my VP9. prices will vary depending on the size and complexity of the pattern you choose. I used Dreadnought Firearms (where im from in Miami) you can see his work on Instagram @Dreadnoughtfirearms

1 - 15 of 15 Posts