HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two spare buffers for my HK 21. One of them has been ground down for some reason. I used to not care, but now I am curious why the previous owner did this. Anyone have any insight? It seems to have rendered it useless for my 21.
Thanks for any info.
21 Buffers.jpg

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Cut one came from a Vollmer conversion. You need to replace the buffer bolt/nose piece Do not use that in a E gun. That was Fred's way of not properly setting up 21's in the 90s

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 21 is unfortunately not an E gun.
I dont think I will be using it all.
I might try to find the right parts and replace them.
Thanks MOAxp

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Cut one came from a Vollmer conversion. You need to replace the buffer bolt/nose piece Do not use that in a E gun. That was Fred's way of not properly setting up 21's in the 90s
You didn't mention the part about moving the cocking notch so he could use the unaltered buffer in a Vollmer 21. Or he could use the cut buffer and beat the gun to death (internal rail dimples).

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
You didn't mention the part about moving the cocking notch so he could use the unaltered buffer in a Vollmer 21. Or he could use the cut buffer and beat the gun to death (internal rail dimples).
True - tried to keep it simple :) I chose on my Vollmer 21 to go back to the original 21 buffer and rebuild the chop saw cut E buffer for the E series.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
True - tried to keep it simple :) I chose on my Vollmer 21 to go back to the original 21 buffer and rebuild the chop saw cut E buffer for the E series.
How does it handle with the original buffer in comparison to the Vollmer chop?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
What stock do you have on your 21? Will the shorter 21 buffer work with the E stock?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Ed- Will try and snap pics. Running an original 21 buffer not the chopped 21e. I don't think one should run the stubby versions in the E series. Reduced function/ duration of contact

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ed- Will try and snap pics. Running an original 21 buffer not the chopped 21e. I don't think one should run the stubby versions in the E series. Reduced function/ duration of contact
Right, were both talking about the original 21 buffer. That was the reason for asking what stock you were using and if it would work, I wouldn't recommend it either, but like SudS asked, I'm curious also on how it compares to the cut buffer.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I still have the PSG1 stock but never ran F/A on that stock - chalk that purchase up to one of the many HK fever impulses. The FA sear pack and a 21 (G3 profile) stock is what I have used in FA. After the right buffer was installed, never thought it was a hard/beat you gun to run. Are there softer impulse MGs yes, but the 21 is smooth and with the weight, it is plenty controllable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts