HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
The tone of the article was that you couldn't get one because HK doesn't sell the 416 commercially (which they currently don't). He made no statements that they would "never" sell it commercially.

I doubt the author follows the day to day news of HK headquarters 416 policy moves or is a huge HK addict, since the article was mainly about the M4.

Anyway, I think it's a non-issue, don't read too much into a one paragraph blurb about the 416.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm interested in the HK416 comment only because Charlie Cutshaw is one of the most prolific gun writers in the country. He testifies in court cases, writes in dozens of gun magazines and is generally pretty knowledgeable about such things.

I know he is not the final word, but he is exceptionally well-informed.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Veiled ad for POF disguised as a review.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Take what he says with a grain of salt.

What he's saying is only HIS OPINION.

He probably hasn't talked with HK-USA higher-ups to get the inside scoop like Tom has, and (as stated) is probably just "supporting" a company that payed him to say those things ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mr. Cuthaw is a great magazine writer with light years of knowledge,e but as far as his article on the DR.com, I just kind of toss it in the same junk basket as his review of the RROC M4, which was kind of like a prelude to the POF system.

I like the POF piston M4, but it is not a end all and be all solution, out of all the piston M4 I have ever shot, the HK 416 remains to be the top of my piston choice. This piece of engineering marvel is just simply amazing....

and the M16 system has been helping our great country defeat those that stood against us for over 50 years... I think it has done a fairly well job at it.

·
Registered
337 Posts
"Although H&K will not sell its HK416 commercially, even to law enforcement,"

After I read this I knew he was another clown talking out his butt. Seems to be a rash of lately.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Agreed, It really does seem like an ad for the POF. The opening is a brief history and them it debunks all the competitors saying that they arn't much more than a step ahead of the M4/M16, after which he stakes his life on the POF AR which is only really a step ahead itself. The most obvious point is where he addresses those persons on a budget to get another brand of AR.

BUY THE POF NOW BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER SEE THE HK 416!!

Sounds like HK's Competition in the AR Market is getting scared!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sorry, Lee, I'm not usually like this but that wording actually hurt my head. Either the M16 "has done fairly well" or it "has done a fairly good job".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts