HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question for you 91 sear owners. How fast does your 91 shoot? My sear is in a SEF with a dyer retimed hammer. My friend told me that his always shot fairly slow. Mine on the other hand fires about 2-3 rounds per trigger pull which I can't control in the least. My 51 with the same pack I can pull singles all day long with it in auto and it is controlable to keep it on the paper @ 25 yards. My main goal is to slow it down like the 51 is. What locking piece should I use or is there another approch to this problem. The carrier is a factory G3 carrier with all the rest of the parts being original 91 parts that came with the rifle.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Just a question for you 91 sear owners. How fast does your 91 shoot? My sear is in a SEF with a dyer retimed hammer. My friend told me that his always shot fairly slow. Mine on the other hand fires about 2-3 rounds per trigger pull which I can't control in the least. My 51 with the same pack I can pull singles all day long with it in auto and it is controlable to keep it on the paper @ 25 yards. My main goal is to slow it down like the 51 is. What locking piece should I use or is there another approch to this problem. The carrier is a factory G3 carrier with all the rest of the parts being original 91 parts that came with the rifle.
Dunno what to tell you. My PTR91 with factory G3 carrier runs nice and slowly--very controllable. I'm still using the bolt and locking piece that came with the rifle.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Who did the 51 conversion? Since the different builders used different methods with the recoil system, I'm guessing that just might be part of the issue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My 51 is a vector gun, it runs great with a nice a slow rate. The 91 however is my problem. I will try to get ahold of another 91 stock since I only have the one that came with the original 91. One other thing I noticed about the 91 stock. it has a pretty big buffer protruding from the backplate. About 1.5 inches if I remember correctly. Would this be a normal 91 buffer or do you think this was a mod by the previous owner?

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,293 Posts
HK 91 / G-3 Cycling rate...

That's either a non-factory heavy duty buffer unit or heavy duty HK factory buffer unit inside the HK 91 stock you have...

You need to buy another HK 91 / G-3 stock with a HK 21 heavy duty recoil reducing rubber butt-pad with a standard HK buffer...

This will help control the recoil and more shots on target in F/A mode...

Factory set ROF 550 - 600 RPM for the HK 91 / G-3... The rate will differ with U.S. made registered auto sears and 922r compliant fire control parts...

Just a slight out of spec variance of the Fire Control Parts and sear can have a huge impact on the "ROF" and action of your HK-91 / G-3 Clone / Factory gun... Also a good bolt gap will assist with any further issues you may have down the road...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts