HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to decide between a CZ 75 .40 compact and a USP compact .40.

the USP compact V1 DA/SA can be kept cocked and locked right? or is it the V2?

which has a better trigger from the factory, the USP compact or the CZ 75 compact (from those who have actually tried both)?

which can be modified have a better trigger the USP or the CZ 75?

thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Depends on if weight is a factor. For a lighter package obviously USPC is a better choice. The CZ .40 Compact weighs approx 8 ounces more, but is a supreme hand gun, possessing the same super high quality as the HK does in a 10 round package. Both are fine choices...figure out what features mean the most, then get them both in your hand for fit/feel. The CZ .40 Compact does have the better trigger of these 2, with a lower bore/axis since the slide rides inside the frame instead of on top of the frame.

Also there is a huge price difference, tho the CZ does not give up any quality what so ever...very few hand guns can match the CZ for quality.

Tough decision!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My vote's HK

It depends on what your intended use is as well. I carry mine for CCW and use the HK USP Compact 40. It's the best of all worlds in my opinion and I own several different makes and models of what's popular. What I don't own I have likely shot somewhere, somehow. The USP has full size features in a compact weapon designed from the ground up to be this size, versus those who cut off the barrel and grip to achieve a compact sized weapon. I can accurately place my DA shot right along with the following SA shots, in the V1config, which is right hand shooter with manual "up" safe and "down" decocker. It can go cocked and locked to answer, there are also models without the "down" decock position in the V9 and V10. Odd number variants are right handed, even numbers are for left hand shooters. See the front page of PRO under World of HK for an accurate depiction of each config.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would probably go with the CZ. I actually think the SA trigger on the HK is better, but thats just me. With the CZ, I like the price and the normal rail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm I figured more people would say the HK on this site. so can anyone say which has a better modfied trigger (either from a trigger job or drop in "match trigger")????

I kind of like the odd rail on the HK, because it can be smooth for less snag w/concealed carry, but still allow a light to be attached (via adapter) for a bedside gun.

I like the weight of the CZ to suck up the stiff recoil of the .40, though. and it has a .22 conversion for cheap ammo. (I already got a .22 conversion for my AR too, so I got plenty)

this gun has to be a do it all pistol for me, CC, HD, and range time. being a broke college student I can really only afford one rifle, one shotgun, and one pistol. although technically I could probably have gotten more if I bought cheaper, but I choose quality over quantitity.

damnit, its like choosing between a blonde and a brunette. either way you win, but its so damn hard to decide!

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
CZ has competition triggers too, the factory CZ trigger should be more than good enough for carry and range use. Being on a tight budget like you are, the CZ75 .40 Compact would be my choice. You can find them on gunbroker.com for $430 -- $500 all day long, even a nice gently used USPC .40 will run you $600+

Here is a all steel CZ75 .40sw Compact for $459.95
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=82830209

Just be AWARE the the CZ .40P is a polymer pistol, NOT the same pistol as the above pictured all steel CZ75 .40sw Compact

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would do research some more on the CZ compact in 40 before deciding on it. The CZ forums have mentioned problems with the compact 40. I don't remember the specifics but I do remember to stay away from the compact 40. Of course you might get lucky.

I recently got a new CZ 75B in 40. On its first outing, the barrel bushing (which is suppose to be mounted permanently) worked it self loose some where in the first 50 rounds that were shot. The dealer replace that CZ. The replacement CZ didn't come apart like the first one. The CZ appears to need a break-in period. I experienced something like 3 FTF where the round would go about half way in the chamber.

http://p201.ezboard.com/bczechpistols82792

http://www.czshooters.com/forum/index.php

1 - 8 of 8 Posts