HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to start this run of D54P/40's sometime in the next 120 days.

- Hand picked and checked German HK MP5/40 demilled parts kit.
- SW .40 flat with HKParts.net weldment set that I will roll and weld. NOT a pre-rolled SW receiver.
- Low-profile picatinny rail properly placed and welded to top of receiver.
- Optional Euro-cut front sight for un-obstructed 1/3 co-witness support.
- New or like-new Navy-style SEF polymer lower with properly converted trigger pack to semi-auto
- Properly fitted Choate A1 end-cap
- New wide handguard
- One used magazine (condition will vary)

I am still waiting on the cost of a last few parts that I plan on replacing but I am estimating the price to be $3195.00 plus shipping. Add $25 for Euro-cut front sight tower and $50 for SBR engraving.

Looks like I will have about 20 guns in this batch. I'll start taking pre-orders with a 25% deposit when it gets a little closer and I can better commit to a timeline.

Thanks again, to all of you, for your on-going support :)
Joe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any way to sneak a 10mm build into the pre-order instead? Almost the same parts. :)

I'd also be interested in a California-friendly paddle cage or a shaved and drilled paddle similar to the UMP Raddlock.

I could potentially design, CNC and make available such a device with access to a demilled MP5/10 mag well and release mechanism if you want to chat about it; I run a precision manufacturing business on the side.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I am so glad I moved from California.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
I was going to ask the same question about a 10mm. Would you consider doing them in 10mm as an option if Mike gets his barrels done in time?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi MB38, I think paddle cage would be better, similar to AK paddle cage and easy to remove if moving out of CA or resale. We also need a zero round sled if Joe don't have them maybe you can machine some from plastic. Thanks

Those would be cake, I'm sure I can put a few together with hand tools.

There are some 9mm sleds floating around LA but I don't think they'd do the trick for a 40 or 10mm build.

I could potentially make some mag plugs to make 10-rounders too since I don't think the Raddlock plug works with 40 or 10mm mags.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the questions. Hopefully I can answer them to satisfaction...

Factory SBR - Apparently since Michigan is a no-SBR state, that includes C2 manufacturing. Last year my Form-2's were approved by the ATF but this year they were not. I have made several attempts to contact the ATF with no return correspondence. So as of right now, no factory SBR's.

California - Absolutely. I am 100% open to installing an appropriate mag-lock and capacity limiter. I am not sure that I will have the time to develop them, but I will check around to see what's available. An of course, if MB38 makes some up that everyone likes, we can use those.

10mm - I have no objection to installing a reliable 10mm barrel. I doubt there will be an RCM solution and I do not know where Mike (MM) is with his barrels. This currently leave the stainless steel SW barrels which I still have reservations on QA consistency. If there is a good barrel avaiable when the time comes, absolutely.

No rail option - Unfortunately, no. I do not have the dies to properly stamp the top rib so the low-profile rail solves that issue. For those of you who are not aware, SW flats do not have the top center-line rib stamped in them.

Thanks everyone. Keep the questions coming :)
Joe

·
Registered
232 Posts
Good to see you are busy Joe , sucks about the C2 thing .. You planning a new run means good things are in store for me soon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Joe, is this the flat?

Suddenly the top rail makes sense!

SEAINC, I like the cage design. I feel like we could probably make a lower-profile one but I'd need to have a receiver with magwell in hand. It'd be easy to have a stamping shop do a laser-cut run of 50 or something. I know that there's likely to only be 3-5 demanded for this build run but making a bunch for the community's sake and maybe selling them to Adam at HKparts at cost so they're available to others in the future would be a nice thing.

I'm still struggling between doing an MP5/10 build or a UMP build. Decisions, decisions... :)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is an SW 9mm flat, however the center line is the same; no rib.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi guys,

For the California mag cage that you are planning, will it work on regular 9mm HK94 and 5.56 HK93?

If they are compatible, I would be interested in buying 3 if the price is reasonable.

Thx, Bass

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SEAINC, I'll get with you offline and get a demilled .40 magwell over to you for measurements. It would be nice if these could be CNC'd out of aluminum and then anodized but let's chat about that offline. Give me a call when you get a chance.
Thanks,
Joe

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anything we should be doing beyond watching this thread for preorder updates??
No, I'll update this thread as well as make a post on Facebook/Twitter.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
I got an email from MM that the 10mm barrels are ready or at least people that were asked to be notified when order time was here.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.