HKPRO Forums banner

D54P/40 Pre-orders

17255 Views 68 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Chopstix Kid
I am hoping to start this run of D54P/40's sometime in the next 120 days.

- Hand picked and checked German HK MP5/40 demilled parts kit.
- SW .40 flat with HKParts.net weldment set that I will roll and weld. NOT a pre-rolled SW receiver.
- Low-profile picatinny rail properly placed and welded to top of receiver.
- Optional Euro-cut front sight for un-obstructed 1/3 co-witness support.
- New or like-new Navy-style SEF polymer lower with properly converted trigger pack to semi-auto
- Properly fitted Choate A1 end-cap
- New wide handguard
- One used magazine (condition will vary)

I am still waiting on the cost of a last few parts that I plan on replacing but I am estimating the price to be $3195.00 plus shipping. Add $25 for Euro-cut front sight tower and $50 for SBR engraving.

Looks like I will have about 20 guns in this batch. I'll start taking pre-orders with a 25% deposit when it gets a little closer and I can better commit to a timeline.

Thanks again, to all of you, for your on-going support :)
Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Any way to sneak a 10mm build into the pre-order instead? Almost the same parts. :)

I'd also be interested in a California-friendly paddle cage or a shaved and drilled paddle similar to the UMP Raddlock.

I could potentially design, CNC and make available such a device with access to a demilled MP5/10 mag well and release mechanism if you want to chat about it; I run a precision manufacturing business on the side.

· Registered
38 Posts
Hi MB38, I think paddle cage would be better, similar to AK paddle cage and easy to remove if moving out of CA or resale. We also need a zero round sled if Joe don't have them maybe you can machine some from plastic. Thanks

Those would be cake, I'm sure I can put a few together with hand tools.

There are some 9mm sleds floating around LA but I don't think they'd do the trick for a 40 or 10mm build.

I could potentially make some mag plugs to make 10-rounders too since I don't think the Raddlock plug works with 40 or 10mm mags.

· Registered
38 Posts
Joe, is this the flat?

Suddenly the top rail makes sense!

SEAINC, I like the cage design. I feel like we could probably make a lower-profile one but I'd need to have a receiver with magwell in hand. It'd be easy to have a stamping shop do a laser-cut run of 50 or something. I know that there's likely to only be 3-5 demanded for this build run but making a bunch for the community's sake and maybe selling them to Adam at HKparts at cost so they're available to others in the future would be a nice thing.

I'm still struggling between doing an MP5/10 build or a UMP build. Decisions, decisions... :)

· Registered
38 Posts
My 10mm barrel should be on its way to you from Mike when ready!

I have some other parts which would be appropriate for this build sitting on my shelf. Would sending them your way count against the total cost of the pistol? Otherwise I'll just have double parts!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.