HKPRO Forums banner

D54P/40 Pre-orders

17255 Views 68 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  Chopstix Kid
I am hoping to start this run of D54P/40's sometime in the next 120 days.

- Hand picked and checked German HK MP5/40 demilled parts kit.
- SW .40 flat with HKParts.net weldment set that I will roll and weld. NOT a pre-rolled SW receiver.
- Low-profile picatinny rail properly placed and welded to top of receiver.
- Optional Euro-cut front sight for un-obstructed 1/3 co-witness support.
- New or like-new Navy-style SEF polymer lower with properly converted trigger pack to semi-auto
- Properly fitted Choate A1 end-cap
- New wide handguard
- One used magazine (condition will vary)

I am still waiting on the cost of a last few parts that I plan on replacing but I am estimating the price to be $3195.00 plus shipping. Add $25 for Euro-cut front sight tower and $50 for SBR engraving.

Looks like I will have about 20 guns in this batch. I'll start taking pre-orders with a 25% deposit when it gets a little closer and I can better commit to a timeline.

Thanks again, to all of you, for your on-going support :)
Joe
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Well, my window of opportunity for this build is closing. Democrats took control of our legislature in November and introduced their gun control bills today. Now I'm racing the clock, and given the speed with which this project seems to be moving forward I'm probably going to run out of time. I'd always looked down my nose at the poor bastards in CA,NY,NJ who had some BS assault weapon and magazine restrictions, but it looks like CO is going to be joining them soon enough.

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Flats are marked and pre-rolled but this might be as far as I get with them for a short while as I still have about 15 more 9mm guns to finish up from late 2011 and early 2012, then a few 308 and 556 guns that have been here equally as long.

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Joe, Joe use the force Joe, well to build K's. :)

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Can I jump in with your 9mm versions? :D
These 9mm builds are already sold and paid for. They are the last of the pre-orders from nearly a year ago, PHEW!!!

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I've got things at the shop moving along pretty well got a good team of 3 new guys working with me and everything's looking promising.
Hang in there everybody I'm doing what I can and it looks like these wait times will drastically drop in the coming few months.

· Registered
254 Posts
I've got things at the shop moving along pretty well got a good team of 3 new guys working with me and everything's looking promising.
Hang in there everybody I'm doing what I can and it looks like these wait times will drastically drop in the coming few months.
That's terrific to hear!

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Yea no kidding sounds like great news.

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Still an uphill battle but we're getting there!

· Registered
1,299 Posts
Joe, :mad: bad news, a CA legislature has proposed new regulation (AB-169) to eliminate the SSE transfer option for off-roster handguns. The :100000: good news is I have made the Bullet Button and magblock for it. What can you do to help us before it's too late. Thanks, James :tongue:

If all effort failed ... can you convert MP5/40 into bolt action like this, I think bolt action pistol still okay in CA. :biggrin: :eek:

· Vendor
7,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
When is the deadline? the receivers are done, just waiting on the rails from Adam. that was this far as I was going to leave it until I could get caught up on some other things but as long as my phone doesn't ring off the hook with an angry mob I could likely pump out a few for California residents ASAP

· Registered
234 Posts
When is the deadline? the receivers are done, just waiting on the rails from Adam. that was this far as I was going to leave it until I could get caught up on some other things but as long as my phone doesn't ring off the hook with an angry mob I could likely pump out a few for California residents ASAP
I support waiting for anything you have of mine if it helps out someone who may not have theres. And I really hope any of your other customers would understand and not pitch a fit waiting a little bit longer so someone could get something that will shortly be banned where they live.

· Registered
254 Posts
I support waiting for anything you have of mine if it helps out someone who may not have theres. And I really hope any of your other customers would understand and not pitch a fit waiting a little bit longer so someone could get something that will shortly be banned where they live.
Honestly, I don't believe I quite share your sentiment. Altruism goes only so far. I've got a personal event deadline to meet as well which Joe knows about. Frankly, in almost every situation the fairest business model is "first come, first served".

Just say'n. Joe obviously will run his business anyway he likes.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.