• I have one or more of each but prefer LEM

Votes: 50 23.1%
  • I have one or more of each and have no preference

Votes: 10 4.6%
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
I loved the LEM, in theory. On the range, I preferred the DA/SA. There's a lot that can go wrong during the long trigger travel in LEM, at least for a stock P30.

I exclusively shoot DA/SA in condition 1 now (cocked and locked, training using the manual safety). I like the LEM and would enjoy shooting one again, but I think you really have to train specifically with it for a long time to master it. Todd Green wrote some good articles about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
For carry I prefer the LEM.

I prefer a consistent trigger pull but still appreciate the ability to have my thumb over the hammer when holstering.

LEM is a good compromise for me and I can shoot it quick and accurate enough off the reset that I never felt I was giving up a ton compared to a traditional DA/SA or striker.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My USP compact 9 and 40 V1s sport Gray Guns action jobs and the SA is as good as anything I've ever shot. I had a P30sk light LEM and sold it. In theory it shouldn't have been harder to shoot but I personally found it too different from TDA or striker fired to ever get as proficient with it as the other guns.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Have both types in the P30 series. My first HK was the P30L LEM and I shoot this better than my P30SK in DA/SA. I shoot the LEM much better than the DA/SA and it feels more comfortable. I don't like the striker fired pistols. All future HK hand guns will be LEMs for me.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
What is your objective, SD/CC/Competition?
Do you have the Sig SRT? Not on my P226 but have it on my M11-A1, it has no advantage in SD (as I release the trigger).
All my guns are out of the box T DA/SA SA, unmodified trigger/action, I have no LEM/Striker. I’ve shot LEM in P30 and find it works as intended (in principle) for SD, full trigger release and not ride the reset point.
SW/training trumps HW every time, HW won’t cure faulty SW/training. If you have several in rotation, riding the reset point is dead-ly, you could be training yourself to short stroke the trigger.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I thought all those were functionally simply heavy double action pulls. My understanding is that the “decocked” state of LEM —ie when hammer is down — is not the same as a decocked DA. But would have to get out the diagrams to really get into it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
LEM, DAK, LDA, whatever the Smith version was are all pre cocked so to speak light double action. Long travel, light weight. They are not the DAO guns, which are indeed full double action all the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LEM light is the only trigger I have in HK pistols, very similar to Geissele rifle triggers. They age well.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 3 HK pistols, all DA/SA. A buddy has been talking the LEM up a lot so the latest one would have been a LEM but it's too hard to find light LEMs, which I think I'd prefer. Always looking though. A VP9 addition is just a matter of time. But only with paddles!

Trigger reset? For USPSA and defensive training it's past the reset slightly to avoid short-stroking, but for accurate slow fire I always release to the point of reset.

Doesn't seem like a popular desire, but I'd really like it if HK made light LEMs with a manual safety. Or at least made them easy to find if they do make them. Like @Tony617 said, I'm always careful my jacket or shirt does not catch the trigger on reholstering. My manual safety guns give me more confidence with that issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have a VP9and a VP40, also theP30L in 9 and 40, love both, striker and SA/DA, never understood the LEM or why anyone would want that, seems there are some fans though. I use the de-cockers as my safety on the P30's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Off the shelf LEM triggers are simply deliberately crippled in favor of “safety” for indifferently trained institutional users. Quite different than the still-crippled but more usable, fettled “Light LEM” triggers used by (fewer and fewer) enthusiasts.

Ironically, most shooters are not trained well enough to carry the best shooting trigger options- single-action striker of the VP9, or cocked-and-locked SA on worked examples of the USP/P30 series.

But most do.
I'm not sure I know what "worked examples" means. I have 2 SA/DA H&Ks and carry both in Condition 1 (cocked & locked). That's how I trained initially. I only got a 1911 later.

I hate the LEM trigger and am interested in this "lighter" version. Haven't been paying attention ...

21 - 40 of 68 Posts