• I have one or more of each but prefer LEM

Votes: 50 23.0%
  • I have one or more of each and have no preference

Votes: 10 4.6%
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
LEM is faster on a first shot than HK's DA/SA.
Do you mean when you already have the pistol in hand? Do you mean with the DA/SA in DA mode? I find it hard to believe that LEM is faster on the first shot than DA/SA if the DA/SA is cocked and locked.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Do you mean when you already have the pistol in hand? Do you mean with the DA/SA in DA mode? I find it hard to believe that LEM is faster on the first shot than DA/SA if the DA/SA is cocked and locked.
Yep, out of the holster.
When I say "DA/SA", I mean it literally. First shot is from a decocked, hammer down position. If I own a DA/SA gun, that would be the only way I would run it, and I am discussing "DA/SA" in that context.
Cocked and locked is effectively SAO. While factually those are DA/SA guns, the SAO option really muddies the waters of this discussion and I think it should be listed separately. People who run it that way don't do anything DA, so why call it DA/SA?

Now, speaking for myself, if I shoot a LEM, a good quality DA (means "not HK DA"), a striker, and an SAO gun (my experience is only with 1911s) my out of holster draw, on average, is fastest with a striker, then LEM, then DA, and then SAO. When I was on my 1911 phase, I was trained to run it in a specific way and it is a bit more deliberate out of the holster than others. Again, that's just for me, OMMV.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have all versions, DA/SA, LEM, striker, and…..I love them all. However, if I had to choose preference, especially for carry, it’s LEM. At first what irritated me was the long reset, which is much shorter on DA/SA and striker. After sending it to GG and having them reduce the trigger reset travel, the thing is PERFECT. Light first pull and a short reset, shorter than my DA/SA. And when I re-holstering , I take comfort with the added security of my thumb on the hammer when putting it back in the holster.

I mean how can you NOT love that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I own, and have shot, lots of DA/SA and it feels so 'normal' to me at this point that I don't even think about the 'transition between trigger types' that some people make such a big deal out of. That said, HK DA/SAs kind of have their own flavor, and take a little getting used to.

I understand the thinking behind LEM in theory, just never saw that point of it in reality.
I have not seen anything on LEM theory, could you post a link or two for me please?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yep, out of the holster.
When I say "DA/SA", I mean it literally. First shot is from a decocked, hammer down position. If I own a DA/SA gun, that would be the only way I would run it, and I am discussing "DA/SA" in that context.
Thanks for your explanation. Commonsense wise, that sounds right.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts