HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've run across a pretty good deal (after looking for 6 months) on a P2000SK. Included are all the factory goodies, box, fired case yadda yadda. It's a DA/SA chambered in .40 S&W, a round I am already pretty familiar with as my EDC is an XD40 Service.

The gun has less than 250 rounds through it and only one minor scuff mark, hardly noticeable. I can get this package for $625 out the door (might even be able to drop it another $25) at my local range. It's primarily been a safe queen.

My dilemma is that I'm unsure if I should:

A) Jump all over this and learn a new trigger (DA/SA) that I have had zero experience with.

or...

B) Wait for a LEM, which should be more similar to my XD40, as far as consistent trigger pull is concerned.

My plan is to head to the range tomorrow and ask them to contact the seller to see if I can fire a few rounds downrange, which should be a bit more helpful than dry-firing for getting a feel for the DA/SA trigger.

Am I over-thinking this whole DA/SA vs LEM issue?
The price & condition of the gun are really testing my restraint presently. Additionally, I am looking at SK's for EDC and that is my plan for this one too.

Thanks,
-steve

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Neither are going to be that similar to your XD to make it a matter of choosing based on familiarity.

Buy one and learn to use it. Both will be different compared to your XD.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Agreed, some like the "LEM" and then there are those who have never tried (like myself). I've been very happy with the DA/SA set-up and I don't think I will change.

·
Registered
38 Posts
$625 out the door is a great deal. Seeing as LEM and Da/Sa are both going to be different than the XD, I would purchase the gun, regardless of the trigger system.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Gentlemen. I was kind of thinking that might be the case.
I'm still going to stick to my plan of trying to fire a few rounds off tomorrow, just as due diligence prior to purchase. Hopefully, all will be good and I'll be adding a new member to the rotation... actually, I'll finally have a rotation.

I'm up for a challenge and it may as well be a DA/SA trigger!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Doing it over again, I should have just shoot my HK45 as-is instead of jumping right into the LEM. While it works great, my aim sucks - I'm all over the target - and as a result, don't know how much the light trigger of the LEM matters in my lousy aimming...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Doing it over again, I should have just shoot my HK45 as-is instead of jumping right into the LEM. While it works great, my aim sucks - I'm all over the target - and as a result, don't know how much the light trigger of the LEM matters in my lousy aimming...
That kind of sucks. Doing much dry fire training?

I know that's what I'll be doing a lot of once I get my HK. I did tons of it with my XD and it helped me greatly. I'm actually looking forward to dry fire training with the HK as it will be much easier to do with a hammer fired gun than it was with my striker fired XD. Talk about a slow and painful process. The HK will be a dream to practice with. :cool:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
I personally can say that I waited too long before converting to LEM. I just did not get to train enough to be consistent with the DA on my 45C. The SA was great. I had HK convert my trigger to Light LEM after reading a lot and talking with some experienced shooters. I am very happy AND more consistent without having to work as much. It's not laziness but time constraints that keep me from practice.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Hopefully, all will be good and I'll be adding a new member to the rotation... actually, I'll finally have a rotation.

I'm up for a challenge and it may as well be a DA/SA trigger!
Having a carry "rotation" is not good, IMO. You should strive for one gun and one gun only, for carry purposes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Having a carry "rotation" is not good, IMO. You should strive for one gun and one gun only, for carry purposes.
I shoot USPSA and have realized that I became a very good shooter in short time. I have not shot my USP 45 compact in 3 years until last weekend. I took it out and was dead nuts with the thing. I honestly used to feel that I had to carry what I shoot at the match which was either my G21sf or a 1911. Now I realize if you can shoot well then it doesnt matter. I may loose some speed in the game until I get zoomed up on a platform but for SD I am more then proficient.

In short I am happy to be back to HK and look forward to putting my USP 45C back on my permit. I am tired of carrying a full size gun and I really appreciate HK quality. I currently am buying a S&W 640 J frame to appendix carry when I cant carry with a holster etc. I plan on shooting it for practice and getting comfortable with it but if you have the fundamentals then its all the same. I am not talking about standing in one spot and pulling the trigger at a bullseye I am talking about run and gun. If you take it to the next level you will be surprised at how well you can shoot other guns.

FYI I have the LEM on my USP 45c and love it. The reset isnt as crisp as my glock but its good and I really like the kit. I am buying a full size USP 45 for USPSA and plan on putting the same trigger in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Good point, and one that I fully agree with. I was really just trying to poke fun at my non-existent gun collection. Guess I failed, huh? :)

My plan has always been to EDC the SK since I'm southpaw and really wanted a quality piece with full ambi controls on it.

@brian45 -

I haven't shot in any competitions, but do believe, as you stated, that one can shoot multiple platforms for SD and be effective. But, I'm not near that skill & experience level yet. Workin' on it though. Like I said earlier, I'm up for a challenge of a new trigger. :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good point, and one that I fully agree with. I was really just trying to poke fun at my non-existent gun collection. Guess I failed, huh? :)

My plan has always been to EDC the SK since I'm southpaw and really wanted a quality piece with full ambi controls on it.

@brian45 -

I haven't shot in any competitions, but do believe, as you stated, that one can shoot multiple platforms for SD and be effective. But, I'm not near that skill & experience level yet. Workin' on it though. Like I said earlier, I'm up for a challenge of a new trigger. :eek:

Sent from my DROIDX
I'm a southpaw and currently waiting for my .40 sk to arrive. I'm starting to only purchase guns that have ambi controls...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts