HKPRO Forums banner

Is the LEM trigger mod worth it?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the forum consensus?

What is the forum's verdict on the LEM trigger for the USP?

I'm thinking about upgrading - if it is worth doing. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Different Strokes for Different Folks.

Me personaly, I like it on my USP 45. At times I also like my basic DA/SA on my USPc. Find someone at the range with one and give it a whirl. Do you value/need an external safety/decocker?? Do you like simple consistnet trigger pulls?? I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong answer, all just a matter of personal choice.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Getting a USPc w/LEM. I originally wanted the variant 5 with the LEM trigger set up. I just prefer a consistent pull and not half to worry about cocked and locked, etc., etc. Besides, I also learned that, unless I get the trigger reduced to 4, 5 or 6 lbs, then I may have the safety installed and that will be as close as I get to the standard set up. Also, from this point forward, all future HKs I purchase will have the LEM, P2000, HK45c, another USPc.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I use to shot 1911's now I own a USPc .40 SS V1 I like the decocker and I also like to carry cocked and locked.That just comes from my carrying a 1911

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

Me personaly, I like it on my USP 45. At times I also like my basic DA/SA on my USPc. Find someone at the range with one and give it a whirl. Do you value/need an external safety/decocker?? Do you like simple consistnet trigger pulls?? I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong answer, all just a matter of personal choice.

+1

If you can try before you buy. I had a few LEM models but sold them all as I prefer DA/SA. The LEM is one of the better double actions triggers available but I prefer the DA/SA trigger as it works best for me.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Colt Combat Commander is carried in Condition 1 - when the USPC .45 is carried, its also in Condition 1.

*Voted No*

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts

+1

I recently had a chance to play with the LEM and thought it was very smooth (previous experience with dao was a kel-tec "puke"), but I still prefer sa/da.

·
Registered
23 Posts
question about triggers

LEM model is DAO? I have a P2000v3 and find that the double action trigger pull is long and hard. It really affects my first shot accuracy and speed. I've been practicing drawing and cocking the gun in one smooth motion to eliminate the double action. I may consider a lighter trigger pull on a DAO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
LEM is not DAO, nor is it SAO. It's sorta in between. A more experienced memebr may be able to put it inwords better than I can. It has a very light take up, then breaks like a SA. The hammer is not cocked like a SA though.

About as clear as mud??

·
Registered
402 Posts
LEM conversions going on all mine. One is there already, that was enough to sell me. I'll even admit, SA is probably better than LEM, but at the expense of either a strong DA or forgetting to flip safety off in a surprise heated situation.

·
Registered
329 Posts
LEM is not DAO, nor is it SAO. It's sorta in between. A more experienced memebr may be able to put it inwords better than I can. It has a very light take up, then breaks like a SA. The hammer is not cocked like a SA though.

About as clear as mud??
From what I understand LEM retains the tension in the hammer spring while keeping the hammer itself disengaged, so you have a long pull but it's much lighter than a standard double action.

I myself still prefer V1. I have small hands and getting my fingers around the trigger in DA/LEM is a pain which also degrades my accuracy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From what I understand LEM retains the tension in the hammer spring while keeping the hammer itself disengaged, so you have a long pull but it's much lighter than a standard double action.

I myself still prefer V1. I have small hands and getting my fingers around the trigger in DA/LEM is a pain which also degrades my accuracy.
Thanks for the explanations! I'll have to try to hold all these options at the range/store.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I could not shoot the LEM on the P2000 worth a damn. I am too used to traditional DA/SA and for me the LEM is too different for me to shoot accuratley. That being said, it is one of the better DAO style triggers out there, I still like it better than SIG's DAK.

Whether or not to have the LEM trigger is like which model HK you like best, all personal preference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
Now I've heard a lot about both DA/SA and LEM triggers. Ive shot a DAO gun (Beretta 92d) and lots of single-actions. I personally didn't like the DAO, but is a LEM better? Which one would you choose?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I converted my DA/SA USPc to LEM and a week later changed it back. The LEM system is pre-tensioned (after chambering a round) and essentially the same as carrying a cocked handgun with a simulated double action pull instead of a manual safety. I would take a true DAO over LEM any day, and choose DA/SA as a first choice.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts