HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got some friends (married couple) who have fallen in love with my MP5 (CA89 with sear, A3 stock, and HK internals). I've let them shoot it several times and they are just about ready to purchase a nice clone of some sort. I was giving them the rundown on the different types last night, after shooting, and they were very interested in the Dakota version with RCM parts since they want to convert it to an SBR very soon after getting it.

Anyway, for those of you who have a Dakota MP5 gun with RCM internals, how do you like it? How well is it running? Is it really really purdy?

·
Registered
111 Posts
I do not have the Dakota ( I wish I did) I have a CA94FS. I have had FTE problems off an on with stock bolt.

I recently purchased the RCM complete bolt from Adam and all I can say is WOW.

Used my new and improved CA94FS last weekend with a sear and not one glich after several hundred rounds.

I now have confidence in the gun. My form 1 is pending so I hope to be shooting this as an SBR with my Trident by summer.

Lt dan

I've got some friends (married couple) who have fallen in love with my MP5 (CA89 with sear, A3 stock, and HK internals). I've let them shoot it several times and they are just about ready to purchase a nice clone of some sort. I was giving them the rundown on the different types last night, after shooting, and they were very interested in the Dakota version with RCM parts since they want to convert it to an SBR very soon after getting it.

Anyway, for those of you who have a Dakota MP5 gun with RCM internals, how do you like it? How well is it running? Is it really really purdy?

·
Registered
920 Posts
LT, if you own a registered sear, why do you need to SBR it? Can't you just temporarily convert it to a machine gun?
I do not have the Dakota ( I wish I did) I have a CA94FS. I have had FTE problems off an on with stock bolt.

I recently purchased the RCM complete bolt from Adam and all I can say is WOW.

Used my new and improved CA94FS last weekend with a sear and not one glich after several hundred rounds.

I now have confidence in the gun. My form 1 is pending so I hope to be shooting this as an SBR with my Trident by summer.

Lt dan

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am still getting to know my RCM parts but I purchased a 9mm bolt head and new POF/MKE extractor/spring from RTGparts. I was having extraction issues at first. I switched extractors/springs from my original MKE bolt head and it seems to work well. I put a few hundred rounds through it in two different MKE 94Ps and no issues. The weird part is I put that new RTG extractor/spring in my original MKE head and it worked fine so I dunno what that means. I am beginning to thing new extractor/springs new to "break in" a bit before they work 100%.

I was not having any issues with my original parts, I got this RCM 9mm bolt head as an extra and 922r part for my rifle.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
I have both HK and RCM internals for my Dakota Tactical guns. The RCM parts work just as well. Not a failure of any sort in my DTs with either HK or RCM. And yes, the DT guns are very purdy!

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
Thanks for the props guys :)
Here you go Retro... also take a look at post #9 I think in my Gallery section.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.