HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the 300aacblackout page on facebook says so.

·
Registered
617 Posts
My magic crystal ball tells me that my wallet will soon be lighter. As I see another 33k clone in my future.

I'm assuming it'll be a LP swap between subs and supers.

I'm VERY interested in this

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
The platform is ready to go. Just waiting on the test barrel from RCM.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for all the interest and feedback. Always helpful to know what the community wants. That being said, here's what I can disclose at the moment...

The guys at AAC really want a 53-type gun first. The 300 BLK is optimized for a 9" or so barrel, so that's where we are starting. Dry runs have been good with factory steel 33/93 mags but live fire tests still need to be done. If the factory mags do not work properly, I'll retrofit the receiver for use with AR mags (which I may do anyhow). The next will be a 33-type 16.5" carbine, possibly even a short DMR platform.

Roller delayed-blowback 300 BLK is going to be huge. Several publications have already expressed interest and are also eagerly awaiting the release.

This brings us to the next dilemma.... Being able to supply the demand. Michaels Machines and I will likey work together to meet the demand however I feel that even we will not be able to keep up.

So where does that leave things like a 300SD or even a 300K? Too soon to speculate, but I would not plan on seeing either until well into 2013, at least not from DT or MM.

I'll post updates as I can, however the next peep probably won't be until the test barrels arrive and I have a working prototype. Just waiting on RCM.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The MM2300eK kit for the MM23eK might be a little pricey to feed with factory ammo (so need to get one of progress reloaders setup in 300 BLK ;-), but the 300 BLK SAW that was demoed last year (?) in Indiana was an interesting idea.

Thanks for the update ...

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The quick change barrels on a 23k or 13k are perfect for 300 BLK conversions. Given the cost of ammo, I'm not sure about a dedicated host. A progressive reloader will be the way to go. I'll share set up cost with you.. :) I'm only over in Cincinnati....

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
The quick change barrels on a 23k or 13k are perfect for 300 BLK conversions. Given the cost of ammo, I'm not sure about a dedicated host. A progressive reloader will be the way to go. I'll share set up cost with you.. :) I'm only over in Cincinnati....
The light just went off, do we need more than a barrel and locking piece to convert (you probably don't for sure), might be a good 300 BLK conversion.
Small world ... son got his PhD from Miami a few years back, been to Cincinnati many time over the five years.

Trying to get a few of the Indiana HK rifle shooters together (INGO), if only so I can try a 53K, if we end up shooting at Old Trails in Richmond IN, you are not that far away .. assuming you are not already one of them ;-)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for all the interest and feedback. Always helpful to know what the community wants. That being said, here's what I can disclose at the moment...

The guys at AAC really want a 53-type gun first. The 300 BLK is optimized for a 9" or so barrel, so that's where we are starting. Dry runs have been good with factory steel 33/93 mags but live fire tests still need to be done. If the factory mags do not work properly, I'll retrofit the receiver for use with AR mags (which I may do anyhow). The next will be a 33-type 16.5" carbine, possibly even a short DMR platform.

Roller delayed-blowback 300 BLK is going to be huge. Several publications have already expressed interest and are also eagerly awaiting the release.

This brings us to the next dilemma.... Being able to supply the demand. Michaels Machines and I will likey work together to meet the demand however I feel that even we will not be able to keep up.

So where does that leave things like a 300SD or even a 300K? Too soon to speculate, but I would not plan on seeing either until well into 2013, at least not from DT or MM.

I'll post updates as I can, however the next peep probably won't be until the test barrels arrive and I have a working prototype. Just waiting on RCM.
Honestly a 53 type makes more sense to me given the 300 BLK 's ballistics, I know that would be the first one on my list anyway given that I live in a SBR state. Regardless got a couple more projects to pay for anyway including a USP-USC conversion heading your way Chop, appreciate the heads up on the 53 300 blk.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts