HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have to say I like the bigger holes better and this one fills the itch. Some pictures(I need to take some lessons in photography) guys, enjoy. I must say Joe has the TIG thing down good.

Thanks for this one Joe.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Almost a year in the making... Thanks for your patience. Happy (big) hole-making :)

Is the .40 magazine portion grafted on from a kit? That is frickin amazing..
Lower 1/2 from an SW .40 flat. I rolled both receivers, cut the bottom's off and fused the .40 lower 1/2 to the LSC upper 1/2.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Damn Joe, that's an awful lot of work. Looks great though!
Makes me wonder, in today's age of computerized mills and laser scanners how difficult it would really be for LSC to start making .40 flats!

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Damn Joe, that's an awful lot of work. Looks great though!
Makes me wonder, in today's age of computerized mills and laser scanners how difficult it would really be for LSC to start making .40 flats!
Thanks! You are right, it is... a TON of work. Not something that I plan on doing in large volume, but if someone wants one done this way, I'll gladly do it. It's very unique and I think the buyer for a gun like this takes joy in ownership of something not very many people will have.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I have asked this before but this seams to be the right setting. Any 10mm MP5 in the future? :) Sorry to be a pest.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
How about a "group buy" for D54P/10mm's Joe? It could be a neat project to build several at one time and save on setup cost?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yup I'm all about the 10mm thing! Looks like four of us in the wings right now.
I'm ready to send in my 40 cal parts kit and flat. We just need a good 10mm barrel or someone to rechamber and flute the 40S&W one. The reality is I should have purchased the SW 10mm barrel and sent it all to Joe 15 months ago.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
No need for a group buy, just need a good 10mm barrel. I have a few of the new SW barrels going into some V40's. Ill be sure to give a review.

Don't want to get this thread off original topic so I'll talk more about potential RCM 10mm barrels in another thread. Just boarding my flight... Will jump back when I get to the hotel.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yup I'm all about the 10mm thing! Looks like four of us in the wings right now.
I'm ready to send in my 40 cal parts kit and flat. We just need a good 10mm barrel or someone to rechamber and flute the 40S&W one. The reality is I should have purchased the SW 10mm barrel and sent it all to Joe 15 months ago.
I have a SW 10mm barrel. Be glad you didn't one.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have a SW 10mm barrel. Be glad you didn't one.
Can't be any worse than the barrel in my 10mm Coharie. But yeah I've told to stay away from them so thanks for the reminder.
Joe I'll be looking forward to your thread on 10mm RCM pieces.

Now to get back on topic - dang that's a sweet lookin' DT build.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Thanks! You are right, it is... a TON of work. Not something that I plan on doing in large volume, but if someone wants one done this way, I'll gladly do it. It's very unique and I think the buyer for a gun like this takes joy in ownership of something not very many people will have.
What's the advantage of merging two receivers like that. Is the top of one better than the other and vice-versa on the bottom?

Oh, and is that an SBR or did he have a sear pack installed?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
What's the advantage of merging two receivers like that. Is the top of one better than the other and vice-versa on the bottom?

Oh, and is that an SBR or did he have a sear pack installed?
He's got a sear.

The LSC has crisper lines and are more accurately stamped. The claw mount tabs can be machined for a closer-to-factory finish which makes it cosmetically closer to a facotry gun and allows for all mounts to fit properly.

Additionally, there's something about the SW/Vector guns that seem to require the use of a 9mm recoil rod. I know the SW barrels are part of the issue but there a second part which I suspect are the rails on the SW receiver--little bit too much carrier drag.

Now my repsonse above will generate some questions on why I plan a run of D54P/40's on SW flats. As I mentioned ealrier, I really don't want to take this thread off-topic, but since it's a short and to-the-point answer, here ya go...

Since they are flats, I can use my rail jig to easily tweak the rails. I plan to weld a picatinny rail to the top to take the claw mount tabs issue out of the equation which will also satisfy the requirement of needing the top rib stamped in. As for the crisp lines, well not much I can do about those. I can polish the surfaces to removed some of the waves but the creases are what they are.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd like to have one in 10mm too. But I think it probably makes more sense in .40 S&W so I just asked hkparts.net to "Notify Me" when the next batch of MP5/40's gets kicked off. I hope that is the right / best place to say "please build me one of these"?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts