HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to vent.

I currently have an HK UMP conversion using the TopNotch greasegun lower using the stock thumbhole stock. Like it, but want better.
Decided to buy a TopNotch greasegun lower from oldmanfunk that had the UMP-like rear stock from GB, price was started at 250, Buynow at 300. Asked seller question about it, next day he raises price by $100 across the board KNOWING I want it.
Vafanculo. He had the balls on the phone to say, well you showed interest, so I raised the price..:5:

Heck I am all FOR enterprising, but that is just an AHOLE thing to do.

ps. I want to stick to the topnotch setup as I already have 6 30rnd mags. :p

I looked into an FBI lower conversion with the adapter block and rear stock, but that looks like about $6-700 and I's need mags, so that's out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
that sux

Yeah some people are very greedy individuals. I hate that also. I thought all of us enthusiast were in this together. Apparently not.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gunbroker, Gunsamerica, Scheel's, etc...just do your homework before buying a weapon to get the best deal, or at least have an idea what market value is on what you want. I gauge HK prices, especially on the 9x series, on what you wonderful people offer on the WTS boards. It's hard to go into a chain sporting store and see a beat to crap HK91 going for $2500 when I've seen NIB (with the box and carton) 91s go for the same price if not 50-100 less. It helps to work with dealers at gun shows too, especially on Sundays when they're faced with either selling the weapon at what you want to pay for it or pack it up for the next show. My $0.02USD.

·
Registered
221 Posts
sounds like the seller is selling the right product.
personally, I'll NEVER buy any product from anyone or any company associated with "They of who we do not speak". I'm not blaming you. I came very close up here in NY. I wanted a Grease Gun conversion so bad as it's legal, but i decided i wouldn't give that company the money.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG. You are right. I thought they were out of business, that's why I never even bothered to call them about it.

Thanks a bunch guys. One thing I have to say though, Bump firing the TN ump conversion from the shoulders is easy as pie. The trigger seems to have a lighter reset in the conversion than my original lower. Same FCG too. Wierd, but it is fun. :71:

·
Registered
685 Posts
I have one with trigger installed that I would not want much more than what I paid for it. Just extra for the trigger and time.
IM me if you are interested, if not just buy them straight from Wade at TN. It takes a while to get the parts from him sometimes but he always has come through for me.

And yes I have seen his ads up on GB for months.
From what you say he sounds like a ****, hopefully nobody will ever buy his items.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Sounds like he can keep his product, and you can keep your money and everyone will be happy. Be sure to wish him luck

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I just ordered one of the fixed stock conversions from TN directly for $225.
Was talking to the guy on the phone, and going by the sound of it, they will have a full UMP civy legal clone for sale for around $1K next year sometime.
Receivers/lowers, stocks, US made FCG. Damn. I like what I hear. Might have to get a second one then.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have to vent.

I currently have an HK UMP conversion using the TopNotch greasegun lower using the stock thumbhole stock. Like it, but want better.
Decided to buy a TopNotch greasegun lower from oldmanfunk that had the UMP-like rear stock from GB, price was started at 250, Buynow at 300. Asked seller question about it, next day he raises price by $100 across the board KNOWING I want it.
Vafanculo. He had the balls on the phone to say, well you showed interest, so I raised the price..:5:

Heck I am all FOR enterprising, but that is just an AHOLE thing to do.

ps. I want to stick to the topnotch setup as I already have 6 30rnd mags. :p

I looked into an FBI lower conversion with the adapter block and rear stock, but that looks like about $6-700 and I's need mags, so that's out.
Call him back & offer $50.00 for it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts