HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking delivery of my HK45 this week, and seeing how versatile the safety switch is on that pistol (1911 style condition one, for example, and safe loading and unloading of the pistol with the safety on) My Glock pistols started to look less and less desirable to me.

So...as of today, no more Glocks. Just the HK45 and a used USP in 9mm. Since both have the excellent safety lever, and I am spoiled.
Test firing the USP 9mm was a total non-event. Even the +P and +P+ were easy to manage. Yesterday's range test of the HK45 was a great big success, too.

Here's a plus; by lengthening the tensioning screws on my Galco Triton holster that I carried my Glock 17 in... I found the H&K pistols will fit just fine and hold securely...just like the Glock.

I had a HK P30 for a short time, and the unique decocker and lack of condition one capability just did not suit my needs, so I sold it. Too bad I did not start out with the USP back then! ...live and learn, eh?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You've got the sickness. lol. Congrats! HK blows Glock away. In some ways its really not fair to compare them. :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I love both of my USPs, HK45 and HK45c are on my list to get in the future. Congrats on the new purchase.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes they do multiply, each one finds a away to make you a fan then somehow makes you want more ! Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yep, looks like you joined the club! HKs are sometimes boringly reliable, they just don't quit! Over 5000 rounds in a year and a half through my USP 45 and no malfunctions. Only changed made to it are night sights and the extended mag release lever (which I highly recommend). If I could only have one pistol, she would be it

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Damn you didn't waist any time did ya. Only Glock I will ever own is a 20. And that's only because HK doesn't make a 10mm.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
After taking delivery of my HK45 this week, and seeing how versatile the safety switch is on that pistol (1911 style condition one, for example, and safe loading and unloading of the pistol with the safety on) My Glock pistols started to look less and less desirable to me.
Wait, you can't load or unload a Glock with the safety on? Personally I've never fired or used a Glock.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
They make a P30S, with a safety for true condition 1. But it's a separate side lever, with the separate decocker at the rear of the slide. Just FYI.

Not that I have any need for a pistol with a safety. Aside from my Beretta 87...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
HK's are an addiction.

We don't say that just because we like them. I've been thinking about submitting a detailed report to the FDA

-DBLAction454

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think it's a contagious infection..I get a new one and immediately start thinking "what's next"

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congrats..they sure do multiply. I'm on my second one and nowhere near done. My Glock doesn't get much attention anymore. HK is much more advanced which is why they are untouchable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts