HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious, does ANYONE actually use an HK pistol in v 5 6 or 7 which is the long 12 pound DAO pull? I'm wondering why HK even lists these as varients anymore.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Guess it´s been ordered by some PD - HK wouldn´t make it at all otherwise. But once manufactured, the offering sure gets to the civil market as well, even if not realy desired. Think of Glock´s NY trigger, it´s the same...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if departments are relying on weapons with a 12 pound trigger pull on every shot thats just a little bit scary in my opinion.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have a DAO USPf in .40sw. To me, it has a very nice, SMOOTH trigger pull - smooth and steady - until the shot breaks. Plus it doesn't have all that loose takeup (I call it "slop") just as you start to pull the trigger.

A few times flying out the door at 5:30am, I've grabbed the DAO by mistake when going to attend a local IPSC match. It certainly is not the ideal gun for competition. It just took a little bit more focus to get those long 50'+ shots to score.

Given a choice between my DAO or a v1, I'll take the v1 anyday.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
And a few traditional revolver shooter guys who turn to semi-autos do like the DAO option. Since it keeps them familiar with the DAO revolver pull.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's just me but the USP DA pull is the worst DA pull I've ever experienced. Most revolvers I've fired didn't even compare.

·
Registered
176 Posts
To my finger, the DAO HK has a smoother pull than the S&W snubbies I have.

If my DAO was convertable to LEM, I'd do it. Alas, it's too old...

·
Registered
22 Posts
From my understanding it is for a contractual point of view for some large police departments that require the option for bidding purposes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts