HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Why, oh why did you have to make the P7's so perfectly sexy?!?! Why did you give it just the right feel? Why just the right amount of curve to the lines to make my heart race as fast as a '69 Shelby GT500 does? Why, oh please tell me why, did you make it so simple, so elegantly simple, yet so mechanically complicated, that it is like technology unchained in the hand?

The squeeze on so gentle, yet resistance so right,
Your mag so precise, holding your pent up might,
A trigger so fine, only to experts prior known,
The bore so bright and shiny, my Surefire doth show,
Machining so tight, even Germans think it's overkill,
All this into my hands, oh what a thrill!

Yup. I've got it bad.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are you back to being a buyer rather than seller? What brought on this emotional response? Do we need to have another intervention? :wink:

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
HAHA WOW... You do have it bad!!! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Why, oh why did you have to make the P7's so perfectly sexy?!?! Why did you give it just the right feel? Why just the right amount of curve to the lines to make my heart race as fast as a '69 Shelby GT500 does? Why, oh please tell me why, did you make it so simple, so elegantly simple, yet so mechanically complicated, that it is like technology unchained in the hand?

The squeeze on so gentle, yet resistance so right,
Your mag so precise, holding your pent up might,
A trigger so fine, only to experts prior known,
The bore so bright and shiny, my Surefire doth show,
Machining so tight, even Germans think it's overkill,
All this into my hands, oh what a thrill!

Yup. I've got it bad.
Helmut would appreciate those comments. While he is fully retired from HK after 35+ years there he still walks the paths and hills around Oberndorf daily from his home in Beffendorf just up the road from HK (he walked to/from HK each day and home for lunch) - true local talent. He was one of the most gracious men I have met with a strong yet quiet brilliance.

When my wife first met him (she carries an M8) she said to Helmut "thank you sir for my P7 - I love it". He was quite taken back, processed the thought for a moment and then responded "thank you but it was not my work alone, it was a good team". Man was he right.

G3Kurz

·
Registered
881 Posts
I always enjoy reading the comments about the P7 and its history.
It is a fantastic gun. Thank you Helmut for your commitment and vision.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Wow! Wow! I thought I was a die hard ( no pun intended) P7 fan. All I can say is wow! Quite the rapper you are or poet don't know until you answer one question, Gangsta Rap or Clasical music? All jokes aside I feel you man that is deep. I was always a big Colt guy but man something about the P7 virus has me head over heals for this pistol. I can't just walk by one at a gun shop without wanting to at least hold it or buy it. I have 7 now various models but man I can't keep buying them. 3 m13, 2 m8,2 psp. What is next? And I also sold 3. I have it bad too. The problem is I know it and my wife is busting my chops because I am clogging up all this cash. What am I to do? I need counciling. I had to tell her when the zombies come I needed enough for everyone in the family and back up in case there was a problem with one to be replaced. I think she bought it but I am not too shore.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Helmut would appreciate those comments. While he is fully retired from HK after 35+ years there he still walks the paths and hills around Oberndorf daily from his home in Beffendorf just up the road from HK (he walked to/from HK each day and home for lunch) - true local talent. He was one of the most gracious men I have met with a strong yet quiet brilliance.

When my wife first met him (she carries an M8) she said to Helmut "thank you sir for my P7 - I love it". He was quite taken back, processed the thought for a moment and then responded "thank you but it was not my work alone, it was a good team". Man was he right.

G3Kurz
Mr. Weldle seems like a great engineer and a great guy. Was Mr. Weldle the person who designed the LEM trigger?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gangsta Rap or Clasical music?
Both. West side 'till I die fool! But I be gettin' down with the Bach dude too.

3 m13, 2 m8,2 psp. What is next? And I also sold 3.
Now 2 M13's, 2 M8's, and 1 P7(PSP), I have sold another PSP, another M13, and another M8. We'll call it a tie. :100000:

·
Registered
618 Posts
The more I read this the more I like you NC. It seems that we both have the same virus. I went to a gun show and had to handle a few more P7s. Man I really don't know what it is. I think the P7 is the bomb.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
clean off your keyboard....
Come, Come. If we can't use quaint anecdotal dialectical colloquialisms just to liven the discussion, what fun is 2-dimensional text based forum anyway?

The more I read this the more I like you NC. It seems that we both have the same virus. I went to a gun show and had to handle a few more P7s. Man I really don't know what it is. I think the P7 is the bomb.
I have many favorites. As G3 has so helpfully pointed out in other threads, the P7 is not the end all be all mud fighter that a lot of HK's are. BUT, it is mechanically one of the most sophisticated pistols ever made. And a joy to shoot. I used to believe the saying that began with "Beware the man with one gun..." because it held truth, largely in my case. But as I have expanded I have come to discover that the engineering rule that 1 thing intended for many purposes does all those things at a mediocre level holds true with firearms as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts