HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am i the process of buying a new old stock Bolt Carrier for my HK 93. The seller assured me that it is factory HK German. However, the date code is HJ, and if HK follows the same date coding on there major parts, as they do on their weapons, HJ is not a valid date code, since J apperantly does not exist. Is this correct, or am I mistaken about the date code. It look like the real deal, with the finger/thumb grips milled in on the bolt where the ejection window would be, and seems in good shape, but this date discrepancy has me concerned it may not be real HK. Can anyone help with this?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
HK used the "j" for a while but it's not a current valid letter for date codes. I'm not sure when they stopped using it but they once did. Buy with confidence.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Sounds like Hk to me. The "J" isn't used on receivers, but is used on small parts and accessories. HJ = '79 . So, I'm re-affirming what is mentioned above that it's okay.
I just recently parted with my SR9 that was date coded "KA" on the receiver, but the barrel and bolt were marked "JA"....all 1990. Clear as mud?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts