HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying an MSG90 stock and the owner tells me it does not have a date code. Are all HK Factory MSG90 stocks date coded or might some not be? I thought all HK furniture was date coded. Anyone have any insight on this?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
ask for a picture of the buffer assembly, make sure it has the factory 2 stage buffer in it, they look completely different then a regular G3 buffer. i cannot remember if all factory buttstocks have a code on them but i have seen some with and without. but depending on the price he wants for the stock if its got the correct buffer in it. its probably factory

·
Registered
256 Posts
As a follow up, what does the two stage buffer do for you that the regular buffer does not do? What's the advantage? Why wouldn't you put the two stage buffer into all HK rifles?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
reduces felt recoil, between my standard 91 stock and the PSG-1 stock which has a heavy buffer and the difference is very noticeable

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What HK stocks will take a 2-Stage Heavy buffer without modification? Is it only the SG1's? I have an MSG90 buffer and I do not notice a lot of difference between it and my standard buffer. Are these far less effective than the 2-Stage?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
msg90 buffers work like a 2 stage.

the only other MSG90 stocks i know about are the ones made by BLACK-MARKET-PARTS.com they have a standard buffer in them and they are a little thiner then a factory stock.

best bet to tell a factory stock is to check the buffers, good luck

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Paul. I found out it is a Top Notch made stock, which I understand are fairly good and were selling for ~$200. It has the standard buffer right now, but I could always put my MSG90 buffer into it. I guess I am torn between this and the PRS stock by MagPul ($250), which is a really nice piece from all I have seen. At one time they were doing a version that would accommodate a MSG90 buffer, but don't see it listed on their website right now.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i guess it depends on the way you want the rifle to look, both stocks look awesome and functionality is about the same

good luck and happy new year

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have had both the Black market parts MSG90 and the PRS stock. Both are nice and either can be modified to work with the MSG90 or the two stage G3 heavy buffer.

IMHO the mag pul PRS is worth every penny and is the better of the two stocks. For example if you want to be able to switch from using a scope to using iron sights quickly the PRS allows a very good sight picture with the irons. It is very difficult to get a good sight picture through irons on a MSG90 stock without removing the cheek piece. Also adjustments to length of pull and check rest height are made simply by tuning wheels by hand on the PRS. On the MSG90 you have to use a 6mm allen wrench to make adjustments.

I wrote reviews of both stocks if anyone is interested.

BMP US made MSG90:

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=152

Mag Pul PRS:

http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=153

1 - 10 of 10 Posts