HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you thinking about adding Dawson sights, I have attached a couple of pictures of the ones I installed on my HK P30LS today. I ordered them on monday and got them in todays mail. The sights come with installation tools too. They were simple to install after watching Daves videos. I opted for a .135" wide notch on the rear and .125" wide front sight. I love the sight picture adn the overall looks of them on my gun. Cant wait to shoot it tomorrow!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Nice looking P30. How do the Dawson sights work at night or in low light conditions? I've never seen them before and am curious.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont really know. I just installed them today and its not dark yet ; ) This is not my HD gun . I only shoot it in daylight at the range. I have a Glock 26 that is my carry/HD gun and it has Mepro night sights on it.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You'll love those sights for day time shooting. The red fiber is quite bright when kept clean (just wipe it off every few hundred rounds or so). I have found that the fiber is best when it has a light source, and in darker conditions it does not light up too much. It looks red still, and you can see the sights, just not getting the full potential out of the fiber. However, this should not really be an issue as it's a fiber optic not tritium.

·
Registered
1997 USP 9mm Full Size, too many upgrades to list.
610 Posts
Can you share a link to their site? All I found were some tru-glos under HK sights.

Thanks!
-Sean

Typoed on my iPhone.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Those sights are sharp. Might go with these down the road. I'm halfway towards saving for a Mark 23 right now, and then I am going to be redoing the sights. And installing ambi levers on all my current HK's that don't already have em.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thumbs-up. I am really glad I put the Dawsons on my competition P30L, just alone for the fact that the edges are very sharp and crisp, so they are easier for me to align than the factory sights with the rounded edges. I wanted a lot of light around the front sight, so I have .100" in the front with .135" in the rear. I've only run a couple matches with them, so not sure the impact on 40+ yard shots that we frequently have. I've been fine during match conditions out to 25-40 yards, but struggled more than I thought I should have on 57yard array we had this past weekend....totally cratered it. The FO is very easy to track and bright in the TX sun. :)
5.26.12 TXMG 2gun - YouTube
6-16-12_3gun.wmv - YouTube

1 - 9 of 9 Posts