HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is my HK53k. Now this is always a crowd pleaser. I have an MFI rail which will someday get replaced with a rail welded to the receiver. This is built off a 33 parts kit with RCM CHF barrel. The receiver is a SW receiver. I have a Primary Arms 50000 hour red dot on this host. I like for my red dot to be higher than most and for me it works well. I had Jeff take a old HK stock and weld up the recoil rod and spring to it. The gun is shown with my registered Fleming sear. This is just a great host to shoot with the happy switch turned on. Still have a Vollmer conversion to show along with some other 223 hosts. Then on to the 308 and 7.62x39 hosts.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Thanks, for the pic. I have a similar stock (cut down surplus G3A3) and a Green A2 for my 53Ks. I went the SW53 AR route for the receiver so all my 5.56X45 machineguns use AR mags. Personally I don't think I'll bother with a rail for optics. The fireball is so big that I get somewhat blinded by the flash even in bright daylight. Of course I tend to pull the flash hider off for a bigger fireball. Thanks for sharing.

Scott

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, for the pic. I have a similar stock (cut down surplus G3A3) and a Green A2 for my 53Ks. I went the SW53 AR route for the receiver so all my 5.56X45 machineguns use AR mags. Personally I don't think I'll bother with a rail for optics. The fireball is so big that I get somewhat blinded by the flash even in bright daylight. Of course I tend to pull the flash hider off for a bigger fireball. Thanks for sharing.

Scott
I want welded rails on all my hosts at some point. This one is way down the list. It is really fun to shoot. But I love the 53 and especially the 33k for most of range time.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Yes, I agree. The 53 and 33K are much more of a real usable firearm. The 53K is more of a flash and noise maker the throws projectiles in a general direction than a firearm for more serious use.

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts