HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well last of the 223 hosts. Nothing fancy here. V93 from 33 parts kit and Vector labeled receiver. Had Jeff Walters weld a rail on for me. This is one of their early ones. Got it is 2009. I have shot this with the sear pack and have never had a jam in this rifle. Anyway have a more interesting one coming tomorrow. A single push pin 32 7.62x39 custom from Jeff Walters.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Man, you keep reminding me of projects. I bought a parts set welded to a receiver (a C93 when J&G was selling them for $500). It has a diminishing bolt gap. I have a RCM 16" barrel, a paddle mag release lever with bushing, and a PTR rail. I was thinking that I would send it to MAD and get the AR mag conversion done. Or I could use a SW AR receiver I have tucked away to build a 16" carbine with the parts set.

Since you have a 53K, 53, and 33K, do you shoot this much?

Scott

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott I did when I was in Texas. Moved to Michigan and it was not the best place to find ranges to shoot automatic. We moved back to Texas back in July of last year. Have a great range to shoot here so I get out like I used to. Now there are hosts I shoot more than others. The 9 mm stuff gets the most use. And iike the 7.62x39 because of the slower fire rate and controllability. Of the 223 stuff the 53 and 33k are my favorite. The 53k would be my least favorite. Right now I have two projects with the Vollmer and I want a new 93/33 style rifle built off of one of Jeff Walters new flats.

I love that you use AR style mags. I try to use real HK mags and have 15 or so but they are extremely expensive. Also the clone mags are hit or miss for me fitting the clone receivers in 223. I usually have to fine tune them a little.

I tend to comment only on the things I have experienced with my hosts and sear.

One question I have heard about the MAD adapter. Is it still available and do you have any experience and or recommendation with using it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts