HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so i went to the range with a friend today i took my uspf 45 a s&w model 22a
and a uspc 9mm right off the bat with the 45 i didn't feel right, can't say the reason but somthing was off and to top it off i could not group with the 45 at 10yrds, i mean maybe six to eight inch groups but i can do alot better then that. so i go to the 9mm the same thing! i think maybe i just need to warm up, so back to the 45 this time i'm going to go through a whole box of speer lawman 230gr fmjs no stoping. i got worse ahhh! ok back to the basics. 22 pistol in hand, breath, slow down, front sight, bang.......low and left with a 22!
so by now i'm stepping away from the bench, i will see how my friend is doing. he has a two inch group at 10yrds with an xd45, and he says to me " i just don't feel that good today" ahhh! ok now back to the 9mm first mag not bad, not my best but not bad, next mag 10yrds eight inchs and two misses. i wait for my friend to finish all his ammo, pack my stuff and head home feeling a little bummed...then it dawns on me, i couldn't hit anything today, but i had the company of a good friend, i was able to do something i love, and thare were no accidents. you know what it was a good day....now i just go back tomorrow and get that grouping thing back.

·
Registered
506 Posts
What is it they say? The worst day shooting is still better than <a whole long list of things>
Hey you gotta have a bad day now and then just to make your good days feel good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure we all have those days. I know I do. Usually those days when I try to fix myself and don't have any luck... I just have fun and blast away for a little while just to vent. Then I'll go back a few days later and I'm usually back in the groove. :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
We ALL have them.

For some reason, I shoot great all the time, except.....

After shooting a 12 guage shotgun or similar recoil weapon.

When I go back to the pistol, bleh....crap crap crap. A couple hours later I am good to go again.

Not sure what the hell causes that but it seems every time, that is the cause.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
For unknown reasons, I usually happen to have these bad days on my match days :40: But then, it still is fun ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
It happens, every once in a while I'll go out and end up watching everyone else shoot.
Just not feeling it, but it's still nice to be out and away from the everyday BS.

·
&#924;&#927;&#923;&#937;&#925; &#923;&#913;&#914;&
1,922 Posts
Like everyone else has said it happens to everyone from time to time. Usually if I haven't had anything to eat yet that day. At least you had the right attitude leaving.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hay thanks for all your replys guys. i know everybody has those days, i know it wont even be my last bad day it just seemed better and more constructive to vent it here then to really let it get to me. and i did get it back btw....i hope i didn't just jinx myself thare :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
For some reason, I shoot great all the time, except.....

After shooting a 12 guage shotgun or similar recoil weapon.

When I go back to the pistol, bleh....crap crap crap. A couple hours later I am good to go again.

Not sure what the hell causes that but it seems every time, that is the cause.

I seem to have the same problem......that is after shooting a dozen 3" slugs through my HK imported M1 Super 90. That things kicks like no other shotgun out there! Try the pistol range first, your groups will thank you. :)

I used to get crap for using it for deer hunting, but it hits exactly what I am at. It also shoulders/handles like no other gun I own, aboslutely amazing. Funny thing is, now I hardly get any crap for it because Benelli now calls their pistol grip stock the "comfort grip" and puts it on almost all of it's line up. Even the bird guns have it! Wait until they see it this year with the EoTech on it!

We all have bad days at the range. But it is better than sitting at home watching the tube or typing in babble here!
Not that this is a bad place to babble. Range time = good times.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It sometimes takes me 50-100 rounds to warm up if I haven't shot in a while. Start slow and work on dryfire before you make it out to the range. The only way to get back on track is to shoot a lot. Work on the basics, trigger discipline, grip control, stance, sight picture and focus on quality trigger time rather than quantity. Work on quantity when you have quality to ingrain the muscle/muzzle memory.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a similar trip the last time I went to the range, first 100 rounds I had zero consistancy whatsoever. Next 100 rounds all went through a 2 inch hole at 7 yards.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I always found my best tool for regaining accuracy on my 45 once things got shaky was to put a few rounds down range with a revolver that was a .454 or higher then go immediately back to the 45, worked for me anyway.

·
Registered
651 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts