HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a USP compact in 40. Bought it new in the 1980s for $600 with two 12 rd magazines.

I would like to go to a USP tactical. The deciding factor is whether to go to 40 or 45. Does the full size 40 magazines fit into the compact? If not then the 45 tactical makes more sense.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I think you have a typo as the USP (or compact) didn't exist in the 1980's.

As far as the two pistols in question, I would go with the .45, for two reasons: The full-size USP pistols cannot use the compact magazines and .45 ACP is inherently the better choice for a suppressor host.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you have a typo as the USP (or compact) didn't exist in the 1980's.

As far as the two pistols in question, I would go with the .45, for two reasons: The full-size USP pistols cannot use the compact magazines and .45 ACP is inherently the better choice for a suppressor host.
It might have been the 1990s. I bought it during the AR ban. So it might have been 1999 or early 2000. I just forgot when the ban happened.

Can the compact use the full size magazines?

·
Registered
490 Posts
It might have been the 1990s. I bought it during the AR ban. So it might have been 1999 or early 2000. I just forgot when the ban happened.

Can the compact use the full size magazines?
I mentioned that above: the magazines in the full-size and compact USP pistols are not interchangeable, regardless of caliber. The HK45, P2000, P30, and VP series are all able to use different magazines of the same caliber.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I mentioned that above: the magazines in the full-size and compact USP pistols are not interchangeable, regardless of caliber. The HK45, P2000, P30, and VP series are all able to use different magazines of the same caliber.
so if I want an USP-T then I might as well go to .45

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
The .40 Tactical looks pretty sweet with a jet funnel & the 16rd jet funnel magazines.
The .45 Tactical is my favorite suppressor host for a pistol. To me it is the best polymer framed .45 acp out there.

Reactions: PorterM

·
Registered
130 Posts
HK USP45T

Reactions: PorterM

·
Registered
210 Posts
I also vote USP 45 Tactical, as the recoil reduction system HK utilizes really makes it an pleasant shooting firearm. Along with the ability to suppress with run of the mill .45 ACP ammo, it’s your best bet!

·
Registered
345 Posts
In the ammo apocalypse, .40 is still seems rather available. I have full-size and compact .40. If you do not want to hunt and store different calibers it is a plus.

If you have the budget, if you are going to go .45, go all in and get a Mark 23.

Reactions: Admiral

·
Registered
Big hk fan
40 Posts
I say go .40 tactical it’s less common and ultimately gonna bring more money in the future since they stopped making them..45 tactical is for people who are to poor to buy the real deal mark 23

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I say go .40 tactical it’s less common and ultimately gonna bring more money in the future since they stopped making them..45 tactical is for people who are to poor to buy the real deal mark 23
I don’t think it has anything to do with being poor... I think a lot of people like the looks of the USP Tactical over the MK23, I know I do. To each his own.
🍻
James

·
Registered
581 Posts
I don’t think it has anything to do with being poor... I think a lot of people like the looks of the USP Tactical over the MK23, I know I do. To each his own.
🍻
James
The MK23 is a silly caricature of a pistol and is best suited for collectors, military history buffs, and video game people. Not a bad gun, but I can't think of a single thing that it does that a USP45T can't do nearly as equally well besides "be cooler"

·
Registered
80 Posts

1 - 20 of 36 Posts