HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have finally narrowed things down to a .40 only because I reload .40 and I can load up and down and at little cost - less than buying factory 9mm. hat I can't decide on for the life of me is what trigger to get....the light LEM or the sa/da. In the case of the sa/da does it work/operate the same as my Sig P239 in sa/da - slingshot the first round and you are in sa mode, decock for holstering or for shooting the first round in da? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Yes the P2K will work the same as any other DA/SA gun. Like your Sig it has the long DA pull then the 4.5-5lb SA pull. The decocker is located differently then the Sig and it is a slight complaint with some people. Try to shoot it if you can especially the LEM trigger because it is a love it or hate it thing. I bought one with the LEM trigger (and changed it to the V1 5.5lb pull) and although I shot it very well I did not really care for it and ended up selling it a few months later. Now I plan on getting another soon with the V3 DA/SA trigger. All my guns are either DA/SA or single action which is why I want to stick with that. Regardless of what you choose the P2K is a great handgun.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentlemen. Is there only one DA/SA in terms of pull weights? I like my P239 in DA/SA just fine but the different position of the decocking lever on the P2000 has me interested. I am LH. Will that be an issue?

Is there a photo somewhere that shows the position of the decocking lever on the P2000 in all its glory?

·
Registered
23 Posts
The decocking lever is placed specifically in that way to keep the gun highly concealable (less levers), and be perfectly ambidextrous.

You should have no problem decocking left-handed with where the decocker is located.

Edit: Image:

Decocker

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Ok decision made: P2000 .40SW SA/DA with decocker. Now I have to find one. 'Appreciate all the input.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Thanks. Ok decision made: P2000 .40SW SA/DA with decocker. Now I have to find one. 'Appreciate all the input.
CDNN has them for $659 or....
www.policeguns.com for the LE gun that comes with 3 high cap mags and factory nightsites.

BTW: Good choice :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts