HKPRO Forums banner

Decisions decisions

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dwillHK 
#1 ·
Hi everyone big decision to make and have no clue what to!!! I was looking to get a kriss vector at first but then it seems everyone is having problems with theirs....however ive been looking into a hk usc also...i feel like i should just go with the usc? Any opinions guys? I was looking for a more reliable gun between these two. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated thanks

#2 ·
What really are you looking for? They are two very different guns. The KRISS has a folding stock and takes hi-cap (13 or 25 rd) double stack mags.The USC has a fixed stock and only takes single stack 10 round mags, unless you spend a bunch of extra money converting it to a UMP clone. If reliability is the only concern, the HKs have been very reliable in my experience.

#5 ·
I can't speak for the Kriss as I haven't shot one, but I do have a friend who has one and it sure looks and feels nice. I do have a USC with the Grease gun conversion and it has never had a hiccup of any kind. It is very accurate, totally fun, extremely reliable and relatively quiet to shoot. Love mine!

#8 ·
Hey bro, I'm in San Diego as well. I own a USC and a USC/UMP conversion in .45. I'm also a member at Rainbow Range...if you ever want to meet up at the range I'll let you shoot both and you can see for yourself. The USC would be my opinion hands down....but hey, I own 50+ HKs so I'm not biased or nuthin'. :)

#13 ·
10000+ rounds through a semi gun that is limited to 10 round mag? Wow! I don't think anyone has tried that with a USC or a KRISS. Maybe HK did a torture test with a UMP, but I don't think you'll find anyone with that round count on the semi-versions. Still, the HK has been out there a lot longer than the KRISS, and HK has a well earned reputation for reliability and quality. Given the newness, I don't know that anyone has pushed up a KRISS to that round count.

If I had to guess, I'd the HK is going to be more likely to hold up over that high a round count.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.