Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
delete

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hk already tackled the 1911. They heavily updated it, gave it more capacity, made it more reliable, and made it more accurate-all while making it mass-produecable. I believe they called it a USP...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm with Rhinowso.

Why would the best handgun maker, who makes the superior HK45, take a stab at the one hundred and one year old 1911? Every gun maker tries this and their guns get lost in the wash. They all claim they have a superior approach but the reality is time has passed by the 1911.

Pick any 1911 you want, its not going to reach 50,000 rounds with one stoppage like the HK45 did, on a particular endurance test.

Yes, the 1911's are beautiful. Yes, they have great triggers...and that is where it ends. (And my favorite thing about a 1911...when you change one part it affects the next three parts associated with the part you just changed. I mean who doesn't like a never ending puzzle to solve.)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Another HK 1911 thread.

You've got to be ******* kidding me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Everyone is doing it and if they are going to build guns in the U.S. they should build the best U.S. pistol ever made S&W did it and they sell good look at how good the SIG 1911 are selling I just don't see why they wouldn't get in on that easy money they did an AR style rifle after everyone else so why not this

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drive a Dodge Ram everyday

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
Yet another HK1911 thread?

Gimmie a break!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Why would Mercedes build a Dodge Ram?
If you thought for a moment before posting this, you'd have realized how bad an analogy you chose because when Daimler-Benz was the controlling stockholder of the Chrysler Corporation, they WERE building Dodge Rams! :wink:

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
If you thought for a moment before posting this, you'd have realized how bad an analogy you chose because when Daimler-Benz was the controlling stockholder of the Chrysler Corporation, they WERE building Dodge Rams! :wink:
Well played sir.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Did they put the Mercedes mark on it?

ETA: ...and from what I've read, they regretted the merger. The split cost Daimler dearly.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I did not think so many would cry over this I just wanted to post the pic I found

1 - 20 of 25 Posts