HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I was just responding to your other thread about replacing the spring, but wrt81 beat me to it. We have good people on this forum.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do not take the slide release lever all the way out it ruins the gun.

Just kidding, but according to some it renders the gun useless and it will not function properly without a new trs spring a d a trip to hk...

Again this was all a joke

·
Registered
226 Posts
I replaced the FPB spring in my P30. Easily done and a big advantage:
- Has decreased the trigger pull weight by 14 oz (400 g)
- Has improved the shape of the trigger weight curve:
Code:
Before:

^ weight
                          **  <- I did not like this
      ****** <-- slack
                            ----> trigger movement

After:

******  <- It has nearly gone with the light FPB spring
I don't mean trigger creep. That is not changed. But the weights of the TR spring and the FPB spring add. And with the light FPB spring, the addition of its weight at the end of the trigger movement is much less noticeable.

When reassembling, make sure to push in the firing pin the right amount so that you don't tap the roll pin on it.

The HK45 has the light FPB spring ex factory. Since the P30 has exactly the same FPB as the HK45, it is a big riddle for me, why HK does not put the light FPB spring into it.

·
Banned
474 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
is there a FPB sring you can replace to lighten the trigger pull of the DA/SA P30 ?
Like TooSixy said, FPBS will shave off about 1.5lbs.

When i did this "mod", i detailed cleaned everything in the process.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The detail strip of the p30 is basically the same as an usp right?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The detail strip of the p30 is basically the same as an usp right?
Almost. You don't have a safety lever, detent plate, or slide plate to disassemble. Also, when you remove the slide release lever, make sure you lift up the left leg of the TRS spring (which is resting upon the slide release lever) before pushing the lever out all the way to the left to remove. If you don't, you will damage the TRS.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Well ive got a p30s so id still have those parts. But ive removed my slide release levers before and my trs seems fine. Never did anything to any of the legs of it while doing it either. Care to go more in depth on that?

Edit- just field stripped the p30, i see what you are saying. But when i removed it before i never messed with the trs leg and it looks perfectly normal now

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
People have reported problem with the trigger when they removed the slide release lever completely, without properly removing the TRS leg.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Thats odd, i did the heatshrink "mod" to the right ride release and didnt mess with the leg and have since put @ 500 rounds through it trouble free. Good to know though, as i can see how something could go wrong there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts