HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an engineer by profession and I am looking for reading that discusses the interaction between the locking piece, spring tension on the bolt lock, recoil spring tension, and buffer selection. I am fascinated by the concept and would like to better understand how altering the locking piece angles and the resistance of the forces effect lock time, rate of fire, chamber pressures at time of disengagement and during extraction as well as performance with ammunition of varying pressures. Also how these components are affecting when barrel length is changed since this too will impact overall pressure within the barrel.

Could anyone recommend some books or technical manuals where I can further investigate these things?

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,851 Posts
And the actual patent filings are rather informative, as well...

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,851 Posts
Google does a fine job of trawling patents...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thank you gentlemen. My name is Morgan and it is good to meet you all. I am an engineer by profession and therefore always curious to know the interactions of how things work. I was first fascinated by roller locking systems when I examined an MG-42 that my father had when I was growing up. The HK locking system is much more complex in its application of forces and resistance and really intrigues me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You can try to find more patents through the espacenet.com search engine. First go to wikipedia or whatever source suits you and find some names (Theodor Koch, Ludwig Vorgrimler, etc.) associated with the gun you want to know more about. Then go to "search", "advanced search" on espacenet.com use the name in question as inventor and "F41" as International Patent Classification number. F41 is the code for guns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts