HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm watching a thing on Discovery Times (digital / sataliete channel)

and a Detroit SWAT was running though his gear

it included:
standard Issue MP5A2
he personally carried a P7M13
and in the "suppressor holster" of his tac rig he stowed what looked like a SureFire 6P (maybe a C2)

see it if you get a chance. Lot's of HK action throughout the show.

The LEO i mentioned storms a practice bus with his M13, noice

·
Registered
109 Posts
DETROIT SWAT

You missed the other shows then? :150000: they showed LASheriffs-SFPD-Detroit-TEXAS-GA etc ....... On the LA sheriff SWAT they have the First Female officer to be accepted to Special Ops unit in the history of SWAT ..... Also at the LA Sherrifs range the narrator stated that the place is still used by the Navy SEAL community to train ... good amount of HK from MP5 to HK53 used by SFPD which really surprized me !!

:2500000:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Detroit SWAT used to issue the P7M13 as the duty sidearm. However, a few years back they switched to Glock. I found this out while attending a Glock armorer school. The instructor used to be the training officer and member of Detroit SWAT and took credit credit for getting rid of the "Tactical Staplers". Obviously if he's now working for Glock after retiring from the PD, he's sure to be a little biased.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yeah, Evan Marshall was the reason they switched to the HK. He said the M13 was a guaranteed headshot. I am sure HK was being hard to deal with so they went with Glitches.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Chiming in about tactical units, HK relations, and weaponry, I was at an open house expo type event some years back and conversing with a (So Cal) county sheriff's swat deputy as to why they had Colt SMGs in 9mm he said HK had two appointments with them and were a no show. Plus the Colts could be bought roughly two for one what an MP5 would have cost them. That could be interpreted a number of different ways... He said they had acutally done some research and initially thought the .223 caliber too dangerous for suburban use (over penetration, etc) so went with 9s and realized the threat was the same or worse due to a heavier bullet. They were looking into switching over, but still with the Colt AR weapon system. Their agency has an open weapons policy for patrol with a pre-approved list, with SIG being largely popular, some Glocks, and an occasional HK. Their SWAT just went 1911 from what I heard, but haven't been able to visually confirm specific make or model.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts