HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone from DFW interested in meeting up and shooting? itd be pretty cool to get 5-10 guys who wanted to.

im in Richardson (north dallas)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i was figuring at a range somewhere in the area. ive done this on rimfirecentral.com. after the first time, very weak turnout, we started doing them every 6 months or so. it was pretty cool to meet up with others from the forum, see thier rigs, and BS about new toys and such.

im not sure of a date yet. i think we ought to give it a little while to see if we can get more peoples interested. PMming and pointing all the DFW people to this thread is a good idea too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i figure the weather would drive most people away this time of year.

when another member and I organized these on Rimfirecentral, we always had 8 or 10 people confirmed before we set a date and time. when we got there it was always me, him and like 1 or 2 other people. it was too hot, it was too windy, had errands to do, too far to drive, couldnt get off early enough............................

i figure itd be best if we had a few more people on board.

Rx7-2nr
Stryker1112
xtphp1
BottleRocket
hrt4me

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adrenaline Proving Grounds near Greenville is FA ok. it is a great range. 300 yard rifle, 2 pistol ranges, being that it is a little ouside the metroplex it tends to keep out alot of the range ninjas that show up and do goofy and dangerous stuff. they recently opened for civilian use, so its usually not very busy yet.

it would be a great venue. its on highway 380 a 5-10 miles west of greenville. $15 all day.

http://www.apgtraining.com/content.asp?contentid=137

·
Registered
28 Posts
We used to hit the Bass Pro Shop in Grapevine every week in the early Sunday AM. Fire off a hundred or two rounds, then hang out at the cafe and chat until the electronic leashes started going off. We stopped because Bass Pro was going through some renovation and just never started it up again (does Bass Pro even have an indoor range anymore?).

Count me as tentative, but I'd be more definite if it was closer than Greenville. I'd be content w/ the Bullet Trap in Plano despite the whackiness (was there last weekend).

OT: Does anybody know who has the lowest prices for high-capacity USP full-size and compact magazines in DFW?

Thanks,

///Michael

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rx7-2nr
Stryker1112
xtphp1
BottleRocket
hrt4me
mdoan300

APG is worth the drive. if you only shoot pistols i can understand wanting something a little closer though.

try www.dallastacticalsupplies.com for magazines. i havnt bought anything from them yet. they are located in Wylie. i want to drive out and see if theyve got a shop.

i know bullet trap has one of the white 16rd Expert Mags.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a noob, just joined a few weeks ago. I'm in Wylie by the way. It's east of Plano for those who don't know. I might be interested in a meet and shoot. I'm interested in seeing HK stuff. It's not something you see a lot of in Plano. I also have a few friends that like to shoot, but I'm the only one with an HK (which I technically don't have yet).

OT: mdoan300 Bass Pro does still have an indoor range. $8 range fee. cheaper than bullet trap, but not as close.

RX7-2nr, if you find out if they have a shop, let me know.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I'd be interested depending on date and location. Anyone else here a member down at the lease by the river in Mesquite? That could be a decent location and I know other groups like the TX FALers have shoots and even campouts there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I,m in.

I am in. I am a lease regular, haven't gotten my key yet for this year though.

Some lease shoots, for those wondering:

http://tradecraft.us/Firearms/FALFilesF2005/FALFilesF2005.htm

http://tradecraft.us/Firearms/MOASS2006/MOASS2006.htm
Hey Renegade can you share Micky's number w/me? I'd like to get a key as well. If so please email me. Thanks Bob(dragonwolf). I've been down there before w/a friend and before I could get a key my freind moved. I would sure appreicate it if you could hook me up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
great!

Rx7-2nr
Stryker1112
xtphp1
BottleRocket
hrt4me
mdoan300
jimdaug
MBSL
Renegade
dragonwolf

this is still a work in progress. if we ever get any favorable weather, unless 20F is favorable to you guys LOL, we are gonna set up a place date and time. looks like itll be a blast. lots of HK iron!

·
Registered
124 Posts
great!

Rx7-2nr
Stryker1112
xtphp1
BottleRocket
hrt4me
mdoan300
jimdaug
MBSL
Renegade
dragonwolf

this is still a work in progress. if we ever get any favorable weather, unless 20F is favorable to you guys LOL, we are gonna set up a place date and time. looks like itll be a blast. lots of HK iron!
Depending on the date of this event I would join in.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts