HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a registerd DIAS(Drop in Auto Sear) should work on the MR223(CIVI 416). I was thinking of grabing one of these up but am not an AR guy and am not sure if It would work on a MR223 once I can get one(when ever they are finaly released). I dont know nor can I find out if any info of the speciffics on the internals of the HK416 or MR223's. Are the lowers using the same internal workings as regular AR-types?

·
1,199 Posts
I don't know for sure. You would definately need a full auto carrier, and who knows if the MR223 will have that or a neuterd version. And if it comes with a neutered version, I doubt a regular AR/M16 bolt carrier will work in the 416 upper. And IF you could get your hands on a real HK416 bolt carrier, who knows if it will function in the MR223... I assume it would, but who knows.

·
1,199 Posts
Yep... so long as the lower that comes with the MR223 has clearence for the DIAS.. I forgot about that part.

The Lower that comes with teh MR223 will not have the sear pin hole, so who knows what other differences there wil be.

With a full auto carrier, you could always attach it to a non MR223 lower if the MR223 lower doesn't allow the DIAS

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
RDIAS

At 12-15K a pop you definitely want to be sure. Especially if you are not an AR guy.

And I was wondering just today why someone might spend that much $$ on the RDIAS when they can get an auto lower for 10K and under.

The answer is for their civvie HK 416!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts